Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Large pot hole   Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

Now that's what I call a pot hole

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Admin
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com

AuthorMessage
Pavlova
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Large pot hole   Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:58 am

Talking of potholes.Went to Varna airport last week and the highway last 80kms are lethal with huge and deep potholes.We and most other cars were driving down the hard shoulder all the way so be very careful on there folks as some cars were doing mental speeds.I suppose they know where the holes are and avoid them......not!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Large pot hole   Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:20 pm

[size=75:25eff8p5]novinite 21 March 2010

Bulgaria Regional Minister Proposes Euro Funds to Fill Potholes

Bulgaria Minister for Regional Development Rosen Plevneliev has proposed to ask for more than EUR 1 B of European operational funding to be diverted to repairing roads.

The Minister has discussed the measure with colleagues from other EU member states, asking for their support for this initiative.

Pointing out that this was an unprecedented step, Plevneliev announced it would be an effective anti-crisis measure, providing work for contractors, and benefiting the tourist industry in the longer term.

He stated that he would ask for the estimated EUR 1 B in operational funds already allocated to Bulgaria, but that are unlikely to be used before their 2013 deadline, to be transferred to the roads project.

Plevneliev explained that, if Brussels agreed with his proposal, the initiative could begin as early as autumn 2010. Otherwise, it could start in the following year, he claimed.

He concluded that, if Bulgaria received the support of other member states for relocation of the funds, it would be "
an incredible sign of solidarity"

Bulgaria Drivers Shout No to Potholes

Bulgaria's disgruntled drivers have staged rallies across the country in protest against the country's potholed streets.

Unlike the mass protests in the central town of Veliko Tarnovo and the Black Sea City of Varna, hardly twenty people gathered in front of the building of the parliament in the capital Sofia, shouting "
No to the potholes!"

The protesters said low-quality and partial road repairs were just a way to syphon off money as they did not seem to do a lasting job.

In a declaration, which they plan to submit to the Sofia municipality, the protesters demand that the civil society wields more power in monitoring the road repair works and call on the municipality to present a year-long plan.

The protests are organized by the administrators of independent website [url=http:
//www.
dupka.
net,:25eff8p5][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on which drivers share their bad experiences on the roads.

Admin
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
loopeylou
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Large pot hole   Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:04 pm

Admin wrote:
Now that's what I call a pot hole

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
few of them along the Silistra road!! mind you in ours there are only Trabants and Ladas!! and a few horse and carts!!
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Large pot hole   Fri May 27, 2011 9:16 am

Why Canadians Are Brilliant People

[align=center:29a1iwvo][size=150:29a1iwvo]Speed controls being used in Eastern Canada

How'
s this for excellent speed control?

[size=150:29a1iwvo]I don'
t know about you, but this would slow me down! People slow down and try to "
straddle"
the hole ......

[size=150:29a1iwvo]This is actually a speed control device that is in use. It is much cheaper than speed cameras.

[size=150:29a1iwvo]Pretty clever - especially when moved around each day. Isn'
t art wonderful?
[/align:29a1iwvo]

PostSubject: Re: Large pot hole   

Back to top Go down

Large pot hole

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2