AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: easyJet budget airline   Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

this might interest some of you who may be thinking of traveling soon

Sofia echo Thu, Nov 05 2009

British budget air carrier EasyJet will offer ticket prices for all destinations with a 30 per cent discount for the period November 6-10, Dnevnik daily said on November 5 2009.

The discount will be valid only if clients purchase tickets within the five-day period. Reportedly, a total of 11 million seats are on offer for this promotion, of which 30 000 were allocated for Bulgaria.

Once the promotional tickets are purchased during the discount window, they will be valid for the period January 4-March 30 2010. All tickets will automatically be added to the booking system and will be valid for every flight, for every day, during the promotional period, Dnevnik said.

From Bulgaria, EasyJet operates flights to London, Manchester, Madrid and Milano.

Admin
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."

Last edited by 2 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com

AuthorMessage
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Easyjet   Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:49 pm

I have just received this from someone for those of you who may be interested

Dear **************

Allow me to apologize for the long delay in replying to your email.

I am happy to confirm your proposition was forwarded directly to our head office in Luton where decisions on new possible routes are considered.

If indeed, easyJet will find Gorna Oryahovitsa - United Kingdom route profitable and possible to arrange, then such a route could even be available for sale with beginning of a next schedule. The process of selecting a route and verifying its profitability, together with arranging a contract with an airport is very time consuming, however.

Please note that for certain routes our flights are seasonal, for example we might operate a given route only in summer or in winter, not all year long. This is another thing we have to take into account.

I would like to thank you for your engagement. The route proposition has been submitted and now it is up to our management to make the decision.

Yours sincerely,

Jan Kuratczyk
Customer Service Representative

Admin
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Easyjet   Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:52 pm

Wow - that would be brilliant and would suit people in the north or south Bulgaria and save the long journey to and from Sofia. Of course it begs the question whether the Sofia - London route would still operate or one to and from Varna or Bourgas but it seems there is hope.
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Easyjet   Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:59 pm

Yes oldun we can live in hope and the more of the flights to others airports there are the better all round but I think there isn't really enough travellers for so many companies and routes.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Easyjet   Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:45 pm

[size=55:3oerf8ss]novinite

Brits, Bulgarians Rally on Facebook in Support of Gorna Oryahovitsa Airport

A Face-book group in favour of launching passenger flights to the currently inactive passenger airport of Gorna Oryahovitsa located in the very centre of Northern Bulgaria has rallied more 1 100 people, including both British ex pats and Bulgarians.

The group entitled "
We want Cheap flights from Gorna Oryhavitsa"
was started in March 2011 as soon as the Bulgarian government approved a procedure for offering on concession the Gorna Oryahovitsa Airport, which is right outside the city of Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria's medieval capital.

The Veliko Tarnovo region is known for its tourist attractions, which is also the home of a high number of British ex pats.

One of the major low-cost flight operators has stated in written that it was "
considering"
flights to Gorna Oryahovitsa, David Driver, the founder of the Face-book group on the Gorna Oryahovitsa Airport told Novinite.com (Sofia News Agency) in a letter.

"
The advantage to the Veliko Tarnovo Area would be tremendous if this airport started handling passenger flights, the boost to the local economy from tourism and the creation of employment for locals would also benefit everyone,"
Driver said stressing that the fact the group has manage to rally people should indicate the potential of the Gorna Oryahovitsa Airport to investors.

The Bulgarian Cabinet has stated its goal is to find a concessionaire that would help attract passenger and freight traffic and will invest in the infrastructure and modernization of the airport.

The development of the Gorna Oryahovitsa Airport is one of the goals of the Transport Ministry, and is included in the Strategy for the Development of Bulgaria's Transport Infrastructure until 2015.

The proposed term of the concession is 35 years and the concessionaires will be determined through an open procedure.

The Gorna Oryahovitsa Airport is located right near Gorna Oryahovitsa, a town of 30 000, and Veliko Tarnovo, a district city of 70 000, and a bustling tourism centre. It is also close to the cities of Pleven, Ruse, Gabrovo, and Lovech. It is located (air distance) 200 km away from Sofia, 180 km from Varna, and 145 km away from Bucharest.

Since 2008-2009, the Gorna Oryahovitsa Airport has not served regular passenger flights but only freight flights and occasional charter flights. It had only 941 passengers in 2007.

The airport was set up in 1925 for the use of the Bulgarian Air Force. In 1948, it opened a direct passenger line to Sofia, the third one in the country. The current infrastructure of the airport was constructed in the 1970s and the 1980s, and completed in the mid 1990s.

In 1995, it became the fifth international airport in Bulgaria, after Sofia, Plovdiv, Varna, and Burgas, with customs and border police units. The economic hardship in Bulgaria in the following years, however, have affected its functioning.

In a similar effort to develop Bulgaria's airports, in February 2011, the Cabinet started procedures for finding private operators of the cargo terminal of the southern Plovdiv Airport, and of the civilian airport Shtraklevo near the Danube city of Ruse.

Admin
Back to top Go down
beautifulangel
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Easyjet   Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:25 pm

we always use easyjet. As long as you don't mind the flighing equivalent of a bus. they are really cheap. on board food and drinks are reasonably priced and the staff are helpful. shame they don't fly from more places. s

oldun
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Easyjet   Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:47 pm

I think they are brilliant too. However, all airlines only operate on the demand - they can't offer cheap flights with few passengers. In May I bought a ticket Sofia -Gatwick return for November for just over £76. That's handbaggage only and no speedy boarding which doesn't really work well in Sofia. First on the bus and then a long wait till its full! I have mentioned this to Easyjet who gave me a very speedy response - well done for their customer relations.
For a 'no-frills' airline they can't be beaten in my opinion. Those who might criticize probably have unrealistic expectations of an inexpensive airline or don't book early enough to get the best bargains.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Easyjet   Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I think they are brilliant too. However, all airlines only operate on the demand - they can't offer cheap flights with few passengers. In May I bought a ticket Sofia -Gatwick return for November for just over £76. That's handbaggage only and no speedy boarding which doesn't really work well in Sofia. First on the bus and then a long wait till its full! I have mentioned this to Easyjet who gave me a very speedy response - well done for their customer relations.
For a 'no-frills' airline they can't be beaten in my opinion. Those who might criticize probably have unrealistic expectations of an inexpensive airline or don't book early enough to get the best bargains.

Yes quite agree oldun, plus have you noticed the Planes are quite new compared to BA. g

Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Easyjet   Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:39 am

Not only new but FULL to capacity both ways when I flew in May. Haven't flown BA for years but I have checked their prices because they fly into Heathrow with slighty better flight times. However, even their cheapest fares taking into account that they include everything and have a bigger baggage allowance, they are still way more expensive than Easyjet.
Actually I have also flown BulgariaAir which are competitive but when I tried to book ahead with them they wouldn't do longer than 4 days ahead I seem to remember. I stand to be corrected on this.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Easyjet   Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:16 pm

[size=55:3dnylshf]Mail online

Disabled boy barred from easyJet flight because his wheelchair was too heavy

A disabled boy was told on what was likely to be his last ever holiday abroad that he was not allowed to fly over 'health and safety fears'.

Declan Spencer, 12, was due to fly to Paphos, Cyprus but was told this was not possible because his wheelchair was too heavy for easyJet staff to lift.

The schoolboy, from Leicester, who suffers from muscle-wasting disease Duchenne muscular dystrophy, can't walk or stand and relies on his chair to get around.

His mother, Alexandra, 29, said she was left stunned after booking the family holiday and phoning ahead to make special arrangements to get to the plane before take off.

She said: 'I simply cannot believe that easyJet is getting away with having a ludicrous, discriminatory policy like this.

'We have been told that they are refusing to carry Declan's wheelchair on health and safety grounds to protect their staff.

'But this seems extremely hollow when you consider that every other airline is prepared to accommodate us.'

The airline responded to that by saying it was factually incorrect adding: 'Such a heavy item could only be carried with an Airline that takes cargo and containers.'

Declan is due to have vital spinal surgery later this year that will mean he is chair-bound for the rest of his life and will not be able to move from his chair onto and airline seat.

That means the holiday was likely to have been his last one abroad.

Ms Spencer added: 'My son can't walk at all so we always have to arrange for a lift up to the aircraft.
'I rang up, like I usually do, and told them about his electric wheelchair. I was then asked how much it weighed.

'When I said 90kg, she asked if it could be taken apart. But I said it couldn't as it's electrical, and they said Declan wouldn't be able to fly.'

EasyJet has said it would refund the costs of the flight and now the family has been told it can book new flights with a different airline.

Ms Spencer, however, is now seeking legal advice to see whether the policy conflicts with European legislation allowing passengers to travel with up to two pieces of medical equipment without a weight restriction.

Robert Meadowcroft, Chief executive of the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign, Robert Meadowcroft, said: 'Powered wheelchairs are essential for the many disabled people who do not have the upper-body strength to use manual chairs, not least many of the 70,000 people affected by muscle-wasting diseases like Declan's.

'The health and safety standards expected of carriers do not vary. It is therefore very difficult to see how staff safety can be a basis for refusing to put in place a workable policy for disabled travellers.'

A spokesman for easyJet said in a statement: 'easyJet is extremely saddened that, in this case, we were unable to help Ms Spencer and her son but there are strict regulations in place to protect the health and safety of baggage handlers at the airport.

'easyJet welcomes more than a quarter of a million passengers with reduced mobility every year and we regularly carry powered wheelchairs, provided they can be collapsed into separate parts weighing less than 60kg each. This is necessary to protect the health and safety of the baggage handlers who have to lift the wheelchair into the aircraft.

'The Civil Aviation Authority recognises that the carriage of such wheelchairs is difficult for airlines since they have to meet health and safety requirements, and considers that their carriage requires co-operation between passengers and the airline as to what is practicable.

'easyJet follows this advice and therefore asks passengers with heavy wheelchairs to inform us at least two days in advance via our contact centre, of the total weight of their mobility aid and also bring the operating instructions with them to the airport.'

Admin
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Easyjet   Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:58 pm

Amazing!! 90kg that is only 3 extra bags and as the bags are stacked on top of each other I would think it would not be a problem. Also many people only bring hand luggage so lots of room. Guess it was a jobs worth who made that decision

On the other hand I expect they have to adhere to health and safety rules, plus the wheelchair is electric another factor as could possible be a fire hazard in the hole - Does seem a little over the top.

Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Easyjet   Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:49 pm

They should be ashamed of themselves
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Easyjet   Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:58 pm

[size=55:2a7d1uhm][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

easyJet increase flights from Bulgaria in winter

Budget airline easyJet increases frequency of its flights from Bulgaria in mid-December this year. In connection with the forthcoming Christmas and New Year holidays, easyJet launches a second daily flight from Sofia to London at weekends, the carrier said. He went to the British capital at 20.40 hours (Saturday) and at 21.30 (Sunday), he arrived in Sofia 40 minutes earlier.

Thus, with flights from Monday to Friday, the airline will carry up to nine return flights each week between Sofia and London in one direction. By adding flights to Manchester, easyJet will operate 12 return flights in both directions.

"
Many Bulgarians live in the UK and traveling on business issues or vacations. Carries the second daily flight to and from Bulgaria in the weekends because we want to meet the utmost needs of the Bulgarians to travel to and from London. We expect a high workload in our flight December and January because of the festive period and will offer the best quality service to our customers, "
said Peter Voets, easyJet Marketing Manager for Switzerland, Austria and Eastern Europe.

EasyJet flights from Sofia to London on weekdays remain unchanged with the times - the airline will arrive each weekday in Sofia at 11.30 and went on to 12.10 pm on Saturday and Sunday both morning flight arriving in 11.15 and 12.45 h . respectively, and the new evening flights - at 20.00 am and 20.55 other destinations from Sofia easyJet - Manchester, will run three times a week - Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Times of flights are part of easyJet's winter schedule and are valid until the end of March 2012

Admin
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Easyjet   Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:18 pm

[size=55:6nl7i9pa][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

All UK Airports - Immigration Delays 30th November 2011

easyJet has been advised that due to a planned 'Day of Action' by UK Civil Servants there is potential for delays at immigration borders across all UK airports on Wednesday 30th November.
Passengers may be subjected to long delays when being processed by the immigration authorities upon arrival into the UK and should therefore make onward travel arrangements recognising this risk.

Admin
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Easyjet   Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:33 pm

[size=55:1pha5omm]Dailymail

EasyJet to charge £12 for a bit more leg room in latest stealth charge to push up the cost of flying

EasyJet is to charge passengers up to £12 to reserve seats.
If a trial of the system is successful, it could be used on all the airline’s flights.

The budget carrier does not currently let passengers choose seats in advance, leading to free-for-alls once they have boarded.

However, those on five easyJet routes will soon have three options: £12 for seats with extra leg room in the front row and exit rows, £8 for those in the front few rows, and £3 for any others.

British Airways and Ryanair also have similar charges.

Ryanair passengers must pay £10 to reserve a seat, and the airline also has a ‘priority boarding fee’ of £5 per person per flight.

BA says its reservation option is only for passengers who choose a seat 25 hours or longer before the flight.

Prices range from £10 on domestic and short-haul economy tickets to £60 for long-haul business class passengers.

EasyJet said its new seating system will be tested on flights between Luton and Sharm el Sheikh, Malaga and Alicante, Istanbul and Glasgow from next month.

A spokesman said: ‘Passenger research shows that the current boarding process can be a source of stress for many passengers, and in some cases puts people off flying with easyJet altogether.’

He said the trial was an example of the airline ‘trying to do all it can to make travel easy and affordable’.

Admin
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Easyjet   Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:12 pm

Just had an email to say  Easyjet are now booking: flights for spring 2016 Stansted to Sofia from £34 Might be worth a look.

Also remember Ryanair will be starting the same route in May from about £20 so they say c

PostSubject: Re: Easyjet   

Back to top Go down

Easyjet

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next