Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: intasure   Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

Copied and pasted from another forum

I have just received this inPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:44 am Post subject: Intersure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

I have just received my renewal notice from Intasure, due this month. They have informed me that they will not be renewing my policy, as they can no longer [size=150:11xofz3d]insure ex-pats in Bulgaria.

Willowsend writes from experience and information taken from their small print (rules, regulations and contract)

If INTASURE are not going to re-new your policy they must adhere to a material fact of giving you 28 day's notice and that must be delivered by registered mail or recorded delivery

On a personal note, as most of you will know we had our villa completely gutted, and they have not paid us even the cost of a postage stamp
I wonder why they have published that they will not insure ex-pats in Bulgaria anymore, I think the answer must have somthing to do with fraud, criminals and organised crime within the country
I am now insured with a Bulgarian Company from Sofia. Their agent came to the villa , did a complete inventory, took photos and serial numbers of all moveable goods, ie TV, fridge, cooker microwave etc etc. and it cost much the same as Intasure. Please pm me if you would like any more information
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: intasure   Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:24 am

just to clarify willowsend, i omitted nothing from that policy, nor can i be bothered to explain their reasoning ,which was silly. maybe wise to hold your views when you do not have all the factual information. g
Back to top Go down
nu2bg
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: intasure   Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:27 am

Lets face it if an insurance co can wriggle out of paying they will and if the risk is to high they won't even bother offering cover
Back to top Go down
citman.

PostSubject: Re: intasure   Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:41 am

Our property is insured through Intasure. Following our burglaries we have made a claim and found them to be both efficient and fair. They do insist on seeing receipts and copies of police reports, and they do try and haggle, but at the end of the day they pay out and have behaved very fairly in our particular case. I dread to think how much our premium will increase by this year, as we had only had cover with them for one month when we had to claim, and they paid us over twenty times as much as we had paid them.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: intasure   Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:56 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
just to clarify willowsend, i omitted nothing from that policy, nor can i be bothered to explain their reasoning ,which was silly. maybe wise to hold your views when you do not have all the factual information. g
Did you not notice starlite that I said (tongue in cheek)
Meaning
In an ironic manner, not meant to be taken seriously
T
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: intasure   Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:16 am

ive only corrected a fact that you did not have willowsend, serious,of course not, i found it hilarious.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: intasure   Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:28 pm

Re: intasure
by jenny2803 » 06 Jan 2011 22:45

As I said I will keep you updated

willowsend wrote: - 07 Jan 2011
Would that be because you are an agent.
We are not comparing a Bulgarian insurance company against a British company here, this topic is about INTASURE

Not at all willowsend I wasn't an agent at the time I had my claim. I became an agent well after that.
As I said I will be phoning them today to ascertain if there is indeed any truth in this.

So where has Intasure agent, jenny2803 disappeared to, no update as promised, and if a phone call was made to the MD Mr Mike Farley, what was the outcome ???
There must be many members insured with Intasure who will have some concern about the way they appear to be conducting their business
Back to top Go down
jenny2803
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: intasure   Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:42 am

Sorry for not replying to this post but I have been busy.
I did phone Intasure and the result was that they are unable at the moment to insure Brits living full time and that the cover will now only be for Holiday homes.
Those with policies who stay full time in Bulgaria once your renewal date comes around then as far as I have been told it will not be renewed this apperently has come about from the Bulgarian companies complaining that Intasure is in fact doing them out of business.
Jenny
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: intasure   Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:47 am

thanks jenny T
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: intasure   Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:56 pm

Sorry for not replying to this post but I have been busy.
I did phone Intasure and the result was that they are unable at the moment to insure Brits living full time and that the cover will now only be for Holiday homes.
Those with policies who stay full time in Bulgaria once your renewal date comes around then as far as I have been told it will not be renewed this apperently has come about from the Bulgarian companies complaining that Intasure is in fact doing them out of business.Jenny

First of all Jenny, let me make it quite clear, what I am going to disclose now has nothing to do with you being an agent or Intasure's comments to you, it is based on true facts

I think it is laughable that Intasure should withdraw cover for clients because of Bulgarian companies doing them out of business. How weak a comment is that and what are they employing a sales team for. By the way clients in other EU countries ie:- Spain and Italy etc have also received similar information, so with all due respect Jenny it's not just Bulgarian's that are being rejected

I will now try to cover some true facts that I have in print.
The underwriters for Blemheim Park Ltd t/a Intasure are Lloyds of London who have many registered agents across the world. The underwriters Intasure used to cover Bulgaria was Lloyds of Paris and it was Lloyds of Paris who used authorised loss adjusters in Bulgaria.
The following was sent to Lloyds of London
Thurs 20th May 2010

De-registration of Benfield of Paris
With effect from 20th May Benfield Paris has requested Lloyds to terminate it's status as Lloyds Registered Broker

We put in our claim on 22nd April 2010 and it was being dealt with by the above company, so it is not surprising that we did not hear anything from Intasure until August stating that the Underwriters have refused our claim, so it has now become obvious that the new Underwriters didn't want to know

The Underwriters for Intasure are Lloyds of London and their present agents are Amlin Jubilee &
Liberty. I am at present dealing with the complaints department at Lloyds of London and the FSA

To conclude and on a personal note, I haven't found Intasure very helpful or professional. In their information pack they state, if you have a complaint write to the MD Mike Farley, I have four times, and I just got a very short reply from the claims department and not even signed. As I have already said to blame Bulgarian Insurance Companies as to the reason for not continuing cover is a joke

I hope this will shed some light on the Intasure situation as I believe that the situation should be the other way round, Clients are having to go to Bulgarian Companies because Intasure don't want to know. They are their own worst enemy T

Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: intasure   Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:13 pm

Insuring Your Home in Bulgaria While It Is Unoccupied and you only use it for part of the year, it will be left unoccupied for several months at a time. When locking up your property in Bulgaria for the season, it is important to ensure that you have the proper insurance cover.

Sometimes insurance policies can be altered or even void when the property is left empty for a certain period of time. Even so-called “holiday home” insurance plans include difficult restrictions on leaving your home unoccupied. Rather than learning the hard (and expensive) way by claiming when you are actually not covered, it’s better to figure out the complex insurance puzzle beforehand to make sure that you are covered in any event. Holiday home insurance should be part of the plan anytime you buy or sell property in Bulgaria. Here are some useful tips below

Find out what the minimum temperature is that must be maintained at your property throughout the winter. You may be tempted to shut off your heating entirely while you are not there in order to save on energy bills. However, if your pipes freeze your insurer can refuse coverage if your house was not heated to a minimum temperature. Sometimes insurance policies state that you need to drain the water system before leaving your holiday home unoccupied. Damaged caused by burst pipes can be huge, so many policies insist that if the property is left for more than 30 days all of the water should be turned off and drained.
Leaving your property unoccupied for several months at a time makes it more vulnerable to break-ins and theft. Burglars target empty houses. Many insurance companies have special requirements that might void your break-in claim, so be careful. Always make sure that you close and lock all windows and doors before you leave, as leaving even one open will invalidate your claim if someone does break in. Sometimes insurers require that your property in Bulgaria be inspected weekly. This is of course, not practical if you live in another country. However, you might be able to ask your neighbours in Bulgaria to keep an eye on your property for you. If this is not feasible, choose an insurance policy that does not require frequent inspections.
Insurance can be a tricky game, so it is crucial to understand the ins and outs of your policy so you know the exact restrictions on leaving your holiday real estate in Bulgaria unoccupied. It may seem like a pain, but it is much better to take the time now to figure it out, rather than leave yourself financially responsible for any damage that occurs to your property.
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: intasure   Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:53 pm

OK got the renewal for this year insurance from Inasure at a cost of £177 more than our UK property. This insurance lark is a big pain in the ass - I think I will research Bulgarian Companies

Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: intasure   Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:31 am

SpeakNo

OK got the renewal for this year insurance from Inasure at a cost of £177 more than our UK property. This insurance lark is a big pain in the ass - I think I will research Bulgarian Companies

You are preaching to the converted here Berni, as you know I am now with a BG company
As for Intasure I would not reccommend them to anybody unless you have got time to read their 44 X A4 page terms and conditions, upside down, inside out and back to front, making special note of the [size=50:311alny1]small print
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: intasure   Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:02 am

g thanks WIllow for that I will have to get my skates on now. Anyone got any insurance companies they can suggest please. T

Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: intasure   Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:24 pm

I received this from a friend this morning and it makes me sick that Intasure get away with it. I know for a fact that they were broken into and my friends have a good idea as to who entered their property and how. The beading on the double glazed window was removed , the glass taken out, about £5,000 of goods including the TV and bedding and smaller white goods stolen, the glass and beading put back and Hey Presto another unlucky Brit hit's the dust. :Very sad:So Intasure don't consider that removing glass from a window come's under the heading of forcible entry
It stinks and it makes me so angry to think that even the Ombudsman is on the side of Intasure. I have edited their particulars for obvious reasons

United Kingdom
Dear John **** &
Marilyn ********,
Re: Theft claim - Friday 6 April 2012
Dobrich Region 9366 - Bulgaria
[size=150:1w4d4tgx]Intasure
As you are aware, we have been instructed by your Insurers, Intasure, in respect of this
claim.
Following our inspection and discussions, we have reported the circumstances of the loss to
your Insurers.
Your insurance policy provides cover for loss or damage caused by Theft or attempted theft;

however the policy specifically states that insurers will not pay for :-
7 (a) Loss or damage occurring whilst the Home or Holiday Home or any part
is vacant, lent or let unless involving forcible and violent entry to or exit from
the Home or Holiday Home.

During our inspection and subsequent enquiries we were unable to determine any signs of
forced entry to or exit from the property.
The windows and doors were intact and on inspection of the roof, we were unable to
ascertain any sign of entry via this point.
In conclusion, due to the above cited exclusion, insurers must refuse liability for this loss.
As such, you should appreciate that this claim is not covered under the policy. Your
Insurers are thus unable to give the matter their further consideration.
Should you have any queries regarding any aspect of the matter or if we can assist further,
please do not hesitate to contact us. Alexandra Wade is responsible for your claim.
Yours faithfully,
MCLARENS YOUNG INTERNATIONAL
Alexandra Wade
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Doris Andrade
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
blanche

PostSubject: Re: intasure   Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:38 am

while we were living in turkey we insured our property for the 1st year with intasure (4 years ago). at the time i insured the property i asked on more than one occasion will we be insured for earthquake damage. the reply was yes that is included as standard in our policy as earthquake insurance is compulsory in turkey. so when the policy came through i duly checked and low and behold yes we were covered for earthquake damage. when we came to renew the following year we were told that intasure would only insure the property if it was a holiday home and not a main residence. so we took insurance out with a local turkish company only to be told that we were only partially covered for earthquake damage ie for contents damage and that the dask part of the insurance hadn't been taken out. so we did have to pay what was owed in respect of this. so i contacted intasure and explained the situation and they said that it wasn't a problem they could cover the dask part of the insurance..............so why didn't they?..........because i didn't ask. but i did ask several times in several different ways to several different people who assured me we were fully covered. i did suggest that in future they were very clear with customers exactly what earthquake insurance atually covered. now wether that actually ahppened or not i'm unsure but found that they were very misleading.

PostSubject: Re: intasure   

Back to top Go down

intasure

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next