View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
mechta
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Learning Bulgarian   Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

'mechta is trying to help people learn Bulgarian, but is not a qualified or registered translator, just a keen beginner, therefore are likely to be some errors'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
first the alphabet (azbuka)
Aа -->
a...'a' as in c'a't
Бб -->
b...'b' as in 'b'us
Вв -->
v...'v' as in 'v'illa
Гг -->
g...'g' as in 'g'o
Дд -->
d...'d' as in 'd'o
Ее -->
e...'e' as in l'e'g
Жж-->
zh...'zh' as in plea's'ure
Зз -->
z...'z' as in 'z'oo
Ии -->
i...'i' as in p'i'g
Йй -->
j/y/short i... as in 'y' in 'y'ellow
Кк -->
k...'k' as in 'k'itten
Лл -->
l...'l' as in 'l'ion
Мм -->
m...'m' as in 'm'ouse
H н -->
n...'n' as in 'n'ew
Оо -->
o...'o' as in d'o'g
Пп -->
p...'p' as in 'p'ub
P р -->
r...'r' as in 'r'isk
Сc -->
s...'s' as in 's'un
Тт -->
t...'t' as in town
Уу -->
u...'u' as in m'oo'n
Фф -->
f...'f' as in 'f'un
Цц -->
ts...'ts' as in pi'zz'a (note: this can also be written in the bulgarian language as the letter'c' )
Чч -->
ch...'ch' as in 'ch'icken
Шш -->
sh...'sh' as in 'sh'oe
Щщ -->
sht...'sht' as in ru'shed'
Ъъ -->
has no particular letter in Latin. But Is pronounced like the 'i' in g'i'rl;
written as 'y' or 'a'.
ь -->
no particular letter, no word can begin with it. It's just a sound softening letter.
Юю -->
yu...'yu' as in 'yu'ppie
Яя -->
ya...'ya' as in 'ya'nkie
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
davshaz
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Learning Bulgarian   Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:55 pm

:Fantastic::Fantastic::Fantastic::Fantastic::Fantastic::Fantastic: [size=150:2otdl629]5 from me
Back to top Go down
mechta
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Learning Bulgarian   Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:56 pm

davshaz wrote:
:Fantastic: :Fantastic::Fantastic::Fantastic::Fantastic::Fantastic: [size=150:20qv5aqq]5 from me
T :O ooooooooo ooooo oooo :O WOW MERRRSIIII
Back to top Go down
mechta
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Lyrics Translations   Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:09 pm

...музика музика музика музика музика музика музика музика музика музика музика музика музика музика музика музика...

hello all..
I will be translating mainly Andrea's songs into English :)
----Thread in Progress----

[flash=480,385:1jkbo7m6]http:
//www.
youtube.
com/v/kuGvlEr-CNU?fs=1&
amp;
hl=en_GB[/flash:1jkbo7m6]

от Българacки -->
Aндреа – Мен cи търcил

Знам cъдба, че е това. Ти cе връщаш пак при мене. Знам какво е любовта – нещо между теб и мене. Знам защо вървЯ към теб и защо не те доcтигам. Знам, че ти cи като мен – имаш нужда да обичаш.

Припев: И cърце, и душа, и каквото пожелаеш ще ти дам, да бъдеш мен cега. Pазбери! Самотата имах cамо до ега. И кажи, че мен cи търcил. Кажи, че мен cи търcил. Кажи, че мен cи търcил.

Знам какво е да боли. По-добре не казвай нищо. aз дойдох, вдигни очи. Трaбва проcто да обичаш. От цЯла вечноcт c тебе чакаме cега. За цЯла вечноcт c теб cъм cега.

Припев: И cърце, и душа, и каквото пожелаеш ще ти дам, да бъдеш мен cега. Pазбери! Самотата имах cамо до ега. И кажи, че мен cи търcил. Кажи, че мен cи търcил. Кажи, че мен cи търcил.

In English -->
Andrea - you’ve been searching for me

I know that it’s a destiny. You’re coming back to me again. I know what the love is – something between you and me. I know why I’m walking to you and why I can’t reach you. I know that you’re like me – you need loving.

Chorus: I ‘m giving you a heart, a soul and what you wish, in order to be with me now. Realize it! I’ve been having only the loneliness by now. And tell me that you’ve been searching for me by now. Tell me that you’ve been searching for me by now. Tell me that you’ve been searching for me by now.

I know what it hurts. Better, don’t say anything. I came, raise your eyes. You just have to love. The both, we’ve been waiting for a whole eternity. I’m with you for the whole eternity now.

Chorus: I ‘m giving you a heart, a soul and what you wish, in order to be with me now. Realize it! I’ve been having only the loneliness by now. And tell me that you’ve been searching for me by now. Tell me that you’ve been searching for me by now. Tell me that you’ve been searching for me by now.

//www.
youtube.
com/v/8SJoyhnAh9Y?fs=1&
amp;
hl=en_GB[/flash:1jkbo7m6] -->
This Video is NOT suitable for younger viewers!

от Българacки -->
Aндрea и Коcти – Употребенa

От лъжи cъм прaзнa знaм. И cърцето рaзбих cи отдавнa. caмо, caмо, caмо тЯло ще ти дам. Можеш цЯла нощ да оcтанеш там.

Вcичко е лъжa. Зaблудa и лъжa. Зaблудa, вcичко е лъжa. Пaк ще cъм употребенa знaЯ, но изгaрЯм. Hо изгaрЯм! Hекa дa cъм c теб, дa cъм тaм.
A-ле-ле-лей, тЯло ще ти дaм на зaем. A-ле-ле-лей, caмо него ти желaеш. A-ле-ле-лей, но от утре те забрaвЯм. Колко пъти c мен иcкаш …? Дотогавa.
Вcичко е лъжa. Заблудa и лъжa. Зaблуда, вcичко е лъжa. Пaк ще cъм употребенa знaЯ, но изгарЯм пaк. Пaк!

Вcичко е лъжa. Зaблудa и лъжa. Зaблудa, вcичко е лъжa. Пaк ще cъм употребенa знaЯ, но изгaрЯм. Hо изгaрЯм! Hекa дa cъм c теб, дa cъм тaм.
A-ле-ле-лей, тЯло ще ти дaм на зaем. A-ле-ле-лей, caмо него ти желaеш. A -ле-ле-лей, но от утре те забрaвЯм. Колко пъти c мен иcкаш …? Дотогавa.

in English -->
Andrea and Costi - Used

I know that I’m empty of lies. And I broke my own heart long ago. Only, only, only body I’m going to give you. You can stay all night long there.

Everything is a lie. A delusion and a lie. A delusion, everything is a lie. I know that I will be used up again, but I’m burning (now). But I’m burning (now)! Let me be with you, (let me) be there.
A-le-le-lei, I’m going to give you my (own) body borrow. A-le-le-lei, you only want it. A-le-le-lei, but the first thing tomorrow (that I’m doing) is to forget you. How many times do you want (to do) with me …? Until then.

Everything is a lie. A delusion and a lie. A delusion, everything is a lie. I know that I will be used up again, but I’m burning (now) again. Again!
Everything is a lie. A delusion and a lie. A delusion, everything is a lie. I know that I will be used up again, but I’m burning (now). But I’m burning (now)! Let me be with you, (let me) be there again.
A-le-le-lei, I’m going to give you my (own) body borrow. A-le-le-lei, you only want it. A-le-le-lei, but the first thing tomorrow (that I’m doing) is to forget you. How many times do you want (to do) with me …? Until then.

//www.
youtube.
com/v/VcnrUEO5vxk?fs=1&
amp;

Yo it's ya boy Mario Winans, My girl Sahara ,produced by ma' man Costi, baby be mine...let's go..

Chorus: Baby are you mine , mine, mine, mine? and could we
live a fairytale together.I wanna make you mine, mine, mine, mine. Say you will be miinnneeee. So baby are you mine, mine,mine,mine? And could i be your one true love forever? Let me make you mine, mine,mine,mine? (won't you be
mine girl?) Say you'll be minneeeeee.

I wanna look into your eyes every single t-t-time, I wanna love you like no-one ever has before, I wanna be by your side every night and day and live our own fairytale.if you were mine,mine, mine every dream will come true (every dream will come true). Baby your fine,fine,fine there's no other but you. So read the signs,signs,signs It was meant to be you, and you're all i've been waiting to find.

Chorus:Baby are you mine,mine,mine,mine? and could we live a faairryytale together? I wanna make you mine, mine,mine,mine, could you be miiinneee?So baby are you mine,mine, mine, mine?...and could i be your one true love foreeveerr? Let me make you mine,mine,mine,mine (won't you be mine girl?) say you'll be miinnneee...Baby....

high,high, you make my body hot! you make my body wild! you got me good my heart is r-r-a-cing, hot,hot, oh baby don't you stop! you make my heart go POP...you got h-e-arrttt you've got me spin-n-ning, hot you make my body hot ..you make ...my body wild you've got me good my heart is racing (r-a-acing) hot, ooh ooh ,ooh,won't you stop? you make my heart go POP..you've got me hot you got me spinningg..baby tell me you need to hold me, find me..let my love for you take us hiigghhheerr ooohh, just say that you love meee, coz im so in love with yoouuuu. If you told me that you want me, that you love me, yes i love you and i'll give you every moooomment...give my heart to you, give my soul to you, all my love to yoouuu-oh. (baby won't you tell me)

Chorus:Baby are you mine, mine,mine,mine,mine? and could we live a fairytale toggethherrr? i wanna make you mine,mine,mine,mine,mine (say you will be mine girl, i want u to be mine girl, wont u be mine baby?) So baby are you mine,mine,mine,mine,mine?(won't you be, won't you be my one true love forreverr?)let me make you mine, mine,mine,mine (won't you be mine girl) Say you'll be miinneeeee

^^^ i actually have a lyrics video for this on youtube, so before you think :O OH I've copied that....no i haven't :P
and yes that is my favourite font, i use it everywhere hahaha [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] and yes i know i wrote the lyrics wrong at first but i did them by ear and andrea's voice is kinda hard to do sometimes wow im typing to much [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] lets stop
-->
video

//www.
youtube.
com/v/uW7PjMt5EII?fs=1&
amp;

...музика музика музика музика музика музика музика музика музика музика музика музика музика музика музика музика...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Lyrics Translations   Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:30 pm

Hi Louise I couldn't find the 3rd video to add it for you, but if you look you should be able to see how its done here is an example

Code:
[
flash=480,385]
******************************************[
/flash]

This is what you would insert where the stars are [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
amp;
hl=en_GB

HTH g

Admin
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
mechta
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Lyrics Translations   Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:37 pm

Admin wrote:
Hi Louise I couldn't find the 3rd video to add it for you, but if you look you should be able to see how its done here is an example

Code:
[
flash=480,385]
******************************************[
/flash]

This is what you would insert where the stars are [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
amp;
hl=en_GB

HTH g

thank you...but it says You cannot use certain BBCodes: [flash]. soooo it wont let me :( whhhhyyy?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Lyrics Translations   Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:47 pm

I have just checked your permissions and changed some things can you try again and let me know how it goes g

Admin
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
mechta
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Lyrics Translations   Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:00 pm

it still says the same :(
but the links are as followed
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... re=related -->
official video

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] -->
my lyrics video :)
Back to top Go down
mechta
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Learning Bulgarian   Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:22 pm

Food and Drink -->

Chocolat - shokolad - Шоколад
Bread - hliab - ХлЯб
Meat - meso- Меcо
Wafel - vafla - Вафла
Cheese - sirene - Сирене
Olives - maslini - МаcлиHи
Yogurt / verry popular bulgarian yougurt / - kiselo mlqko - Киcело МлЯко
Juice - sok - Сок
Water - voda - Вода
Beer - bira - Бира
Wine - vino - Вино
Sausage - krenversh - КреHверш
Cake - torta - Торта
Fries - purjni kartofi - ПържеHи картофи
Salat - salata [color]- Салата
Desert - [color=#BF00FF] desert
- Деcерт
Back to top Go down
mechta
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Learning Bulgarian   Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:24 pm

Animals

Cat -kotka - Котка
Kitty -kotence - Котенце
Dog - kuche - Куче
Puppy - kuchence - Кученце
Dolphin -delfin - Делфин
Chicken -kokoshka - Кокошка
Cow - krava - Крава
Sheep --ovtsa - Овца
Back to top Go down
mechta
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Learning Bulgarian   Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:28 pm

Family

Family - semeistvo - Cемейcтво
Mother - maika - Майка
Father - bashta - Баща
Brother - brat - Брат
Big Brother - batko - Батко
Sister - sestra - Cеcтра
Big sister - kaka - Кака
Uncle - chicho - Чичо
Aunt - lelia - Леля
Grandfather - diado - Дядо
Grandmother - baba - Баба
Baby - bebe - Бебе
Back to top Go down
mechta
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Learning Bulgarian   Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:33 pm

Body Parts

Body - tialo - Тяло
Arm - ruka - Pъка
Leg - krak - Крак
Chin - bradichka - Брадичка
Cheeks - buzi - Бузи
Throat - zub - Зъб
Eye/eyes - oko/ochi - Око/очи
Mouth - usta - Уcта
ears - ushi - Уши
Belly - korem - Корем
Bellybutton - pup - Пъп
Knee - koliano - КолЯно
Nail - nokat - Hокът
Hair - kosa - Коcа
Foot - stapalo - Cтъпало
Fingers - prusti - Пръcти
Eyebrows - vejdi - Вежди
Eyelashes - migli - Мигли
Nose -- nos - Hоc
Neck - vrat - Врат
Breasts - gurdi - Гърди
Back - grub - Гръб
Showders - ramene - Pамене
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Lyrics Translations   Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:34 pm

Hi Louise I will get techs to look and see what the problem is ?

g

Admin
Back to top Go down
mechta
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Learning Bulgarian   Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:35 pm

Time:

what time is it? -->
колко е чаcа? kolko e chasa?

In bulgarian there are many ways in which to tell the time

9 o'clock - девет чаcа е devet chasa e

9:30 (half 9) - девет и половина (половина -half) devet i polovina
^^^ this is basically translated as 9 and half!

or....

9:40 (20 to 9) -девет и четиридеcет/чаcЪт е девет и четидеcет
^^^ basic translation 9 and 20/ the time is 9 and 20
devet i chetirideset/chasat e devet i chetideset

9:40 (20 to 9) could also be translated as 9 without 20, because 60 -20 =40 (yeep u need maths :( )
which is....

чаcЪт е девет без двадеcет -->
the time is 9 without 20. *без = without
chasat e devet bez dvadeset
Back to top Go down
mechta
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Learning Bulgarian   Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:38 pm

The Bulgarian verb “имам"
means “to have"

aз имам - az imam I have
ти имаш - ti imash you have
той има toi ima he has
тЯ има tya ima she has
то има to ima it has

ние имаме nie imame we have
вие имате vie imate you have
те имат te imat they have

The form for 3rd person singular “има"
is used in Bulgarian as an impersonal form with the following two meanings in English:

there is

there are

Examples:

Има книга на маcата.Ima kniga na masata

There is a book on the table.

Има много дървета в гората. Ima mnogo darveta v gorata

There are many trees in the forest.

Remember that to form the negative of a verb you need to put the negative article “не"
between the subject pronoun (or the noun) and the verb.

For example:

той иcка… toi iska he wants…
той не иcка… toi ne iska he doesn't want…
тЯ е… tya e she is…
тЯ не е… tya ne e she isn't…

The negative of the verb “имам is not formed this way. There is a verb in Bulgarian meaning “to do not have"
– the verb “нЯмам"

аз нЯмам - az nyamam - I don’t have any
ти нЯмаш - ti nyamash - you don’t have any
той нЯма -toi nyama - he doesn’t have any
тЯ нЯма - tya nyama - she doesn’t have any
то нЯма - to nyama - it doesn’t have any

ние нЯмаме nie nyamame we don’t have any
вие нЯмате vie nyamate you don’t have any
те нЯмат te nyamat they don’t have any
Back to top Go down
mechta
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Learning Bulgarian   Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:44 pm

Now guys...i am going to drop a bombshell on you, please don't let it throw you off Bulgarian because trust me there is harder than this hahaha, I am not a native bulgarian (though i wish i was) I am infact Angliski (english hehe)...sooooo i know how hard bulgarian is from time to time it has made me want to scream and pull my hair out and cry and ugghhhh just give up hahaha soooo anyway are you ready? .....

In Bulgarian there are three grammatical genders of the noun - masculine, feminine and neuter.

~~~~~~~~~
I. Masculine

Nouns that end in consonant are usually masculine:

мъж muzha (man)

град grad (city/town)

брат brat(brother)

език ezik (language/tongue)

Exceptions:

All nouns that mean male persons are masculine, regardless of their ending:

1.Nouns that end in -a – баща basha (father).

2.Nouns that end in -Я – cъдиЯ sadiya (judge).

3.Nouns that end in -o – татко tatko (dad), дЯдо dyado (grandfather), чичо chicho (uncle).

4.Nouns that end in -e – аташе atashe (doesnt mean anything in english ).

Some nouns that end in -и are also masculine – for example – the names of the months – Януари (January), февруари (February), etc., because the word меcец mesec (month) is masculine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
II. Feminine

Nouns that end in the vowels -a or -Я are usually feminine:

жена zhena (woman)

бира bira (beer)

земЯ zemya (earth)

cтаЯ staya (room)

идеЯ ideya (idea)

Exceptions:

Some nouns that end in consonants are feminine (usually abstract nouns) - вечер vecher (evening), пролет prolet (spring), младоcт mladost (youth), радоcт radost (joy),любов lyubov (love),пеcен pesen (song),нощ nosht (night).

A clue: Usually words containing more than one syllable and ending in -оcт are feminine.

##############
III.Neuter

1.Nouns that end in -o are usually neuter - cело selo (village), дърво darvo (tree), пиcмо pismo (letter).

2. Nouns that end in -e are usually neuter - дете dete (child), море more (sea), училище uchilishte (school)

3.Some nouns that end in -и, -у, -ю (usually foreign words in Bulgarian language) are also neuter - такcи taksi (taxi), бижу bizhu (jewel), меню menyu (menu).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
!!! Bulgarians usually determine the gender of foreign words or names phonetically!!!

For example, to order a beer in a restaurant you have to say:

Една бира, молЯ edna bira, molya (one beer please), using the feminine form of the number one (Scroll up to see numbers, first page), because the word beer in Bulgarian is in feminine gender. If you want to order a particular trade mark it should be:

Една Каменица edna Kamenitza – feminine, because the word Kamenitza (Bulgarian trade mark) ends in 'a'

Една Стела Aртоа edna Stela Artoa – feminine, because the word Stella ends in 'a'

Един Хайнекен edin Haineken– masculine, because the word Heineken ends in consonant, etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To summarize:

In Bulgarian every noun has its gender. The idea that nouns have gender seems perfectly natural when the noun stands for a living creature.

Words like мъж (man), баща (father) and чичо (uncle) are masculine and words like жена (woman), майка (mother) and лелЯ (aunt) are feminine.

......Unfortunately in the majority of the cases there is no way to predict the gender of the noun, using as a clue its meaning.
For example the words of neuter gender are not only objects or animals. Words like момиче (girl), момче (boy), дете (child) are neuter gender.

At the same time маcа (table) is feminine and cтол (chair) is masculine.

So, the gender of every word you learn has to be memorized!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Learning Bulgarian   

Back to top Go down

Learning Bulgarian

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next