HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

altText
altText
altText
altText
altText
altText

Share | 
 

 Three in bid frame for Bulgarian cigarette maker

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
oddball
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 6892
Join date : 2009-10-20
Age : 59

PostSubject: Three in bid frame for Bulgarian cigarette maker   Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:08 pm

Three in bid frame for Bulgarian cigarette maker
targetukfocus

uk.finance.yahoo.com/news

Related Quotes
Symbol Price Change
C 42.88 +1.24
Chart for Citigroup, Inc. New Common Stoc
17:04, Monday 4 July 2011

* British American Tobacco among final three

* Winner to be picked in September

SOFIA, July 4 (Reuters) - British American Tobacco is among three companies expected to bid for Bulgaria's majority stake in cigarette maker Bulgartabak , the privatisation agency said on Monday.

The other two are Austria-based CB Family Office Service and BT Invest.

Bulgaria opened a tender in April, inviting strategic and financial investors, in an attempt to bolster public revenue and ensure a market for Bulgarian tobacco.

The three firms have until Aug. 29 to place a deposit and submit binding offers, the agency said. Sofia is expected to make a final decision in September.

Bulgaria is selling its 79.8 percent of the company, which has two cigarette mills and a tobacco processing unit. The remaining 20.2 percent is on the Bulgarian Stock Exchange.

The proceeds would help the European Union's poorest member cut its fiscal deficit to 2.5 percent of gross domestic product this year from 4 percent in 2010.

The government had pledged to sell Bulgartabak by the end of 2009 in an open auction, but the plan failed to attract investor interest and the cabinet hired Citigroup (NYSE: C - news) to structure a deal, estimated to be worth 100 million euros ($145.5 million). ($1= 0.6872 euro) (Reporting by Irina Ivanova;
Editing by David Hulmes)

_________________
Berni & Dougie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.bulgariaorphanagesillistra.com
karla1948
Guest
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Three in bid frame for Bulgarian cigarette maker   Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:39 am

Are any Bulgarian cigarette brands available in 120's, or even 100's? I am planning to move to Bulgaria next summer to enjoy my retirement years. I currently smoke Virginia Slims 120's, sometimes Marlboro 100's.
Back to top Go down
sallyann
Super user
Super user
avatar

Posts : 819
Join date : 2010-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Three in bid frame for Bulgarian cigarette maker   Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:04 pm

Yes I have seen them around.
Back to top Go down
cheekychops
Super user
Super user
avatar

Posts : 1181
Join date : 2010-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Three in bid frame for Bulgarian cigarette maker   Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:16 pm

I think this is a troll Sally
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Three in bid frame for Bulgarian cigarette maker   

Back to top Go down
 

Three in bid frame for Bulgarian cigarette maker

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

 Similar topics

-
» Temps inside cold frame/hoop tunnel
» Verticle Frame question
» Yet another Cold Frame
» Cigarette cards.
» Toasted sandwich maker

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ExPat Lounge-