HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

altText
altText
altText
altText
altText
altText

Share | 
 

 Bash a Pensioner

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user


Posts : 2150
Join date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Bash a Pensioner   Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:45 am

First topic message reminder :

Well here we go again . The lovely Mr Osbourne is going to announce his latest austerity measure and with no prizes one of the measures is bash the Pensioner. Yes you have guessed right it us again :Very sad:I know that we in Bulgaria will or should get the winter fuel allowance but how on earth can he have any heart to stop any money going to Pensioners. OK so some have more money than others but don't people understand that to get a reasonable pension you have to pay into a pot, and suffer hardship in doing so. You only get out what you put in, plus you still have to pay income tax on a pension if you are over the tax threshold .

We have paid into these pension schemes in order to have a comfortable life in our dotage. But it would seem that we are paying tax to benefit the sick, lame &
lazy brigade :shocked1:We put in the pot but we are not allowed to get owt out of the pot. Why did we move abroad? Basically to enjoy the last days on this planet. But we also moved to get away from a very unjust society, a corrupt government. Do these politicians forget that we pay their wages, and it is a duty for them to serve us (not). We all paid into the social security for many years and as soon as you move abroad you are not entitled to any benefits e.g. free prescriptions, now there's a term free. It aint free we paid for it. A question then what has happened to the money we paid in (and are still paying)?

Your views please

_________________
Cast off all care, inhale fresh air.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Edna Bira
Senior user
Senior user
avatar

Posts : 170
Join date : 2013-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Bash a Pensioner   Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:24 am

To blame the latest Chancellor or Government for the state we find us in is very shortsighted indeed, successive governments inherit what the previous incumbents left behind (usually a financial mess), a huge debt in this case which is growing expediently and totally out of control. Popular Politics is largely to blame, tax cuts and more "
incentives"
promised by those in current power in a bid to keep power which the country as a whole cannot afford. Ask yourself where are all these former Chancellors and PMs??? They slowly (or quickly if your Gordon Brown and T Blair) drift into the background, if they were made accountable for their actions (including wars etc etc) i'm pretty sure UK plc and the World would be a better place.
Back to top Go down
ronnie 2
Registered user
Registered user


Posts : 3
Join date : 2010-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Bash a Pensioner   Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:14 am

how can osbourne talk about cutting the winter fuel allowance to expats, and then say overseas aid is to be ring fenced, now i know i am thick but to me the only difference is that the expats have or are paying for their for the overseas aid.

ronnie2
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
avatar

Posts : 2267
Join date : 2010-09-10
Age : 61
Location : Paskalevets

PostSubject: Re: Bash a Pensioner   Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:26 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
To blame the latest Chancellor or Government for the state we find us in is very shortsighted indeed, successive governments inherit what the previous incumbents left behind (usually a financial mess), a huge debt in this case which is growing expediently and totally out of control. Popular Politics is largely to blame, tax cuts and more "
incentives"
promised by those in current power in a bid to keep power which the country as a whole cannot afford. Ask yourself where are all these former Chancellors and PMs??? They slowly (or quickly if your Gordon Brown and T Blair) drift into the background, if they were made accountable for their actions (including wars etc etc) i'm pretty sure UK plc and the World would be a better place.

I don't believe that any of us are blaming the present Chancellor for the current state of the country, we all know it happened during the previous Labour government's administration and previous years. This is the second time that the population of the UK have had to bail out the banks when they have made a complete mess of their investments and banking practices.

What we are saying is that we don't agree with the Chancellors solution to the problem. The baby boom was known to every government over the years whether they be Labour or Conservative, they are all to blame for the state of our pensions. They have had 60 years to make arrangements for us all to retire with an adequate pension and not the current level of payments which is no more than a survival rate. This post is not about knocking any particular government whether they be Labour or Conservative.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
avatar

Posts : 2189
Join date : 2009-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Bash a Pensioner   Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:58 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
To blame the latest Chancellor or Government for the state we find us in is very shortsighted indeed, successive governments inherit what the previous incumbents left behind (usually a financial mess), a huge debt in this case which is growing expediently and totally out of control. Popular Politics is largely to blame, tax cuts and more "
incentives"
promised by those in current power in a bid to keep power which the country as a whole cannot afford. Ask yourself where are all these former Chancellors and PMs??? They slowly (or quickly if your Gordon Brown and T Blair) drift into the background, if they were made accountable for their actions (including wars etc etc) i'm pretty sure UK plc and the World would be a better place.

I don't believe that any of us are blaming the present Chancellor for the current state of the country, we all know it happened during the previous Labour government's administration and previous years. This is the second time that the population of the UK have had to bail out the banks when they have made a complete mess of their investments and banking practices.

What we are saying is that we don't agree with the Chancellors solution to the problem. The baby boom was known to every government over the years whether they be Labour or Conservative, they are all to blame for the state of our pensions. They have had 60 years to make arrangements for us all to retire with an adequate pension and not the current level of payments which is no more than a survival rate. This post is not about knocking any particular government whether they be Labour or Conservative.

I think it is now about time for a Party Political Broadcast :: ::
Back to top Go down
Gimp
Super user
Super user
avatar

Posts : 863
Join date : 2010-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Bash a Pensioner   Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:48 am

Interesting chancellor. So if ex-pats who have paid FULLY into the system all their lives are denied what they are rightfully entitled to claim solely as they now live in a warm climate...does this mean that politicians with a personal fortune of millions in the bank will be equally limited on the amount of "
expenses"
&
what they can claim from the tax payer? Surely it would be better to limit benefits from someone who has actually contributed nothing into the system to start with..? But I guess we mustn't upset our neighbors from the EU...If The State Pension was half decent to begin with there wouldn't be any need for this nonsense. They admitted that The State Pension isn't fit to live on by introducing The Winter Fuel Allowance, and then decide who will get it and who won't. Woe betide anyone who saved for their old age or decided to get out of Britain for their health's sake....... The truth of the matter is that they are annoyed with The European Court of Justice for granting The Winter Fuel Allowance to people like me who left UK before we were entitled to a pension, and who are now demanding back payments for all of the years that we were illegally deprived. The basic State Pension is abysmal. It should be sufficient without means tested or temperature tested benefits. We paid for it. And if National Insurance isn't enough to cover paying it then it should be increased. But that wouldn't be a popular move, would it. So deprive pensioners instead.
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user


Posts : 2150
Join date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Bash a Pensioner   Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Interesting chancellor. So if ex-pats who have paid FULLY into the system all their lives are denied what they are rightfully entitled to claim solely as they now live in a warm climate...does this mean that politicians with a personal fortune of millions in the bank will be equally limited on the amount of "
expenses"
&
what they can claim from the tax payer? Surely it would be better to limit benefits from someone who has actually contributed nothing into the system to start with..? But I guess we mustn't upset our neighbors from the EU...If The State Pension was half decent to begin with there wouldn't be any need for this nonsense. They admitted that The State Pension isn't fit to live on by introducing The Winter Fuel Allowance, and then decide who will get it and who won't. Woe betide anyone who saved for their old age or decided to get out of Britain for their health's sake....... The truth of the matter is that they are annoyed with The European Court of Justice for granting The Winter Fuel Allowance to people like me who left UK before we were entitled to a pension, and who are now demanding back payments for all of the years that we were illegally deprived. The basic State Pension is abysmal. It should be sufficient without means tested or temperature tested benefits. We paid for it. And if National Insurance isn't enough to cover paying it then it should be increased. But that wouldn't be a popular move, would it. So deprive pensioners instead.

I always like to see your input gimp full of facts as usual. The most interesting point here is that the Winter Fuel Payment is supposed to be a top up for an inadequate Pension system. But this Pension is being revised in the future but only for new pensioners NOT for those existing one's who will carry on getting the meager amounts money being paid out. This government also ignore the fact that some of us still pay income Tax to the UK system, now if we all paid tax into the Countries that we now live in I wonder how much that would cost the exchequer.

_________________
Cast off all care, inhale fresh air.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
avatar

Posts : 2189
Join date : 2009-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Bash a Pensioner   Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:51 pm

My wife and I have been invited on an organised visit to The Houses of Parliament, The House of Commons and The House of Lords where we will have a guided tour on 25th July, all organised by our local MP Sir Tony Baldry (who was very instrumental in assisting us with getting our villa back)
If all members would like to put their views on this topic on the forum, I will print it off, take it with me and hand it personally to Tony Baldry, after all we can all moan amongst ourselves as much as we like on the forum but who reads it other than ourselves, here is an opportunity to pass it on and do it personally
So tonyb60, being that you started this topic, (Bash a Pensioner) I hope you will agree it is a good opportunity, to not only voice your/our dissatisfaction but having it presented by hand to a member of the Government T
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user


Posts : 2150
Join date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Bash a Pensioner   Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
My wife and I have been invited on an organised visit to The Houses of Parliament, The House of Commons and The House of Lords where we will have a guided tour on 25th July, all organised by our local MP Sir Tony Baldry (who was very instrumental in assisting us with getting our villa back)
If all members would like to put their views on this topic on the forum, I will print it off, take it with me and hand it personally to Tony Baldry, after all we can all moan amongst ourselves as much as we like on the forum but who reads it other than ourselves, here is an opportunity to pass it on and do it personally
So tonyb60, being that you started this topic, (Bash a Pensioner) I hope you will agree it is a good opportunity, to not only voice your/our dissatisfaction but having it presented by hand to a member of the Government T

Good idea willow

Right ask him. 1) why Brits should be penalized for living abroad.
2) Why have our NHS right's been wihdrawn when we have paid into NI all our working lives. including the so called free prescription.
3) Winter fuel is to be withdrawn from ex pats in hot climates. Surely this allowance was to bolster a poor pension in the first place.
4) If a Brit decides to return to the UK why should they have to wait 6 months before they are allowed to claim their NHS rights.
5) Where is the Governments Duty of Care in all this, towards its own citizens.
6) If we are still paying UK tax why should we not get the same benefits as if we were in the UK.


I'm sure others can add to the list.

Thank you for the suggestion.

_________________
Cast off all care, inhale fresh air.
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user
avatar

Posts : 1145
Join date : 2009-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Bash a Pensioner   Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:23 pm

I echo number 6.........as we get it seems sweet f a for it !!
Back to top Go down
chrisbriggs
Senior user
Senior user


Posts : 162
Join date : 2012-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Bash a Pensioner   Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:36 pm

I can only agree with what most people on here have already said. The questions Tony has asked cover the points I myself would have raised. I am not yet of pensionable age for a state pension, I live off a private pension. I have already paid tax on this when I was working, and no doubt like many others, I am being taxed on it now. Great system!! On the government website pension calculator I stand to collect my state pension in 10 years at the age of 67
Ray
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user


Posts : 2150
Join date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Bash a Pensioner   Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:45 pm

It is nice of willow to volunteer to take our questions and our concerns to his MP at the House, but I must ask the question will we get a reply? This I know is out of willows control, but will we get a straight answer to a straight question.

A bit more information has now emerged about the Winter fuel, to which 6 Countries are being targeted Bulgaria not being named. But I must carry on the 'Bash the Pensioner' topic as there are other areas in which we are unjustly treated. Especially on Health grounds. We will also need to know if anyone does loose the Winter Fuel Allowance. As if willow has his MP's ear then he can possibly pass on the information.

Did you hear the latest from G Osbourne on foreign aid, this Government only give away 0.7% of GDP. Don't loose the term give away.

_________________
Cast off all care, inhale fresh air.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
avatar

Posts : 2189
Join date : 2009-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Bash a Pensioner   Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
It is nice of willow to volunteer to take our questions and our concerns to his MP at the House, but I must ask the question will we get a reply? This I know is out of willows control, but will we get a straight answer to a straight question.

A bit more information has now emerged about the Winter fuel, to which 6 Countries are being targeted Bulgaria not being named. But I must carry on the 'Bash the Pensioner' topic as there are other areas in which we are unjustly treated. Especially on Health grounds. We will also need to know if anyone does loose the Winter Fuel Allowance. As if willow has his MP's ear then he can possibly pass on the information.

Did you hear the latest from G Osbourne on foreign aid, this Government only give away 0.7% of GDP. Don't loose the term give away.
All I can say is that if anybody will get an answer from Tony Baldry, I will, even if it only to acknowledge the fact that there is concern in the camp
I, and my family know him personally, he lives just 400mtrs from where we live and he is very interested in what goes on in Bulgaria
As to, will we get a straight answer to a straight question, tony, when have you ever known to get a straight answer from any MP. But I will do my best to get something, so keep you comments (clean and positive) coming
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user


Posts : 2150
Join date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Bash a Pensioner   Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
It is nice of willow to volunteer to take our questions and our concerns to his MP at the House, but I must ask the question will we get a reply? This I know is out of willows control, but will we get a straight answer to a straight question.

A bit more information has now emerged about the Winter fuel, to which 6 Countries are being targeted Bulgaria not being named. But I must carry on the 'Bash the Pensioner' topic as there are other areas in which we are unjustly treated. Especially on Health grounds. We will also need to know if anyone does loose the Winter Fuel Allowance. As if willow has his MP's ear then he can possibly pass on the information.

Did you hear the latest from G Osbourne on foreign aid, this Government only give away 0.7% of GDP. Don't loose the term give away.
All I can say is that if anybody will get an answer from Tony Baldry, I will, even if it only to acknowledge the fact that there is concern in the camp
I, and my family know him personally, he lives just 400mtrs from where we live and he is very interested in what goes on in Bulgaria
As to, will we get a straight answer to a straight question, tony, when have you ever known to get a straight answer from any MP. But I will do my best to get something, so keep you comments (clean and positive) coming

Good lad g

_________________
Cast off all care, inhale fresh air.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user


Posts : 1275
Join date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Bash a Pensioner   Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:09 pm

Whilst I agree with most of the previous comments and as a pensioner with a basic State Pension which I earned personally through my working years, I am appalled that we are supposed to suffer cuts at old age. I have not claimed any benefits from Britain since I reached retirement age almost 10 years ago but I intend to claim when I arrive in Britain soon. It will be interesting to see how I am treated.

Having said that, I find it strange that people living in poor Bulgaria are complaining about British politicians when Bulgarians, and pensioners especially, are protesting at their lot which is far worse than any British people. We are living in a totally corrupt society and living cheaply in comparison with Britain and I really think people living here should not complain so much about Britain, its politicians and taxes. Don't any of you watch the Bulgarian news? You can live quite well on a British pension here and therefore have no need to complain so much in comparison with Bulgarians. Don't you see the dichotomy?
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user


Posts : 2150
Join date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Bash a Pensioner   Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Whilst I agree with most of the previous comments and as a pensioner with a basic State Pension which I earned personally through my working years, I am appalled that we are supposed to suffer cuts at old age. I have not claimed any benefits from Britain since I reached retirement age almost 10 years ago but I intend to claim when I arrive in Britain soon. It will be interesting to see how I am treated.

Having said that, I find it strange that people living in poor Bulgaria are complaining about British politicians when Bulgarians, and pensioners especially, are protesting at their lot which is far worse than any British people. We are living in a totally corrupt society and living cheaply in comparison with Britain and I really think people living here should not complain so much about Britain, its politicians and taxes. Don't any of you watch the Bulgarian news? You can live quite well on a British pension here and therefore have no need to complain so much in comparison with Bulgarians. Don't you see the dichotomy?

:OffTopic:If you would like to start a new topic on Bulgarian Politics please feel free to do so. It would also be interesting for you to let us know how you get on back in the UK g This topic is about how we as pensioners are treated by the UK Government and about the Winter Fuel Allowance.

_________________
Cast off all care, inhale fresh air.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Bash a Pensioner   

Back to top Go down
 

Bash a Pensioner

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

 Similar topics

-
» Pensioner banned from Tescos
» Country Critter Bash
» Proud Terracan owner
» Run out of freezer space yet?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ExPat Lounge-