HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

altText
altText
altText
altText
altText
altText

Share | 
 

 So this is Britain

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
avatar

Posts : 2124
Join date : 2009-11-10

PostSubject: So this is Britain   Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:46 am

First topic message reminder :

I think it is fair to say that most of the Bulgarians who are successful in finding employment in the UK are working in the hotel/catering business
but of course there are the hand car wash business that have open up in many disused properties and back yards
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Chris
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 2299
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 54

PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I have never "
bleated "
elsewhere yet ...and im not about to start now...anything I have had to say has been to you on here ,not behind your backs
I was not taking advantage od Ashleys absence ..I was stating a re curring fact.....

I would hate to dissapoint the ENTIRE MODERATOR TEAM and a few HUNDRED MEMBERS that want this so ....
a few hundred eh ......must have been riviting reading ..where did you find the time
CIAO

Believe it or not, my time is quite precious and I do not appreciate wasting it on posts like that (which frankly, belong in a playground). I, like Ash, am also tied up with a close family death at the moment and do not appreciate having to deal with childish antics whilst having to arrange funerals and the like.

Yes, I have to field off messages and e-mails from HUNDREDS (oh my, capital letters, better shout then) from members that would be happy to see you (and others) go.

You have constantly 'bleated' all over this forum for years and got away with it. No longer. Either apologize on open forum this evening or go. I personally don't care.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I won't be posting anything else on the topic

Nor will you posting anything else about any topic here unless you apologize for recent comments and activity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user


Posts : 2150
Join date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:50 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I have never "
bleated "
elsewhere yet ...and im not about to start now...anything I have had to say has been to you on here ,not behind your backs
I was not taking advantage od Ashleys absence ..I was stating a re curring fact.....

I would hate to dissapoint the ENTIRE MODERATOR TEAM and a few HUNDRED MEMBERS that want this so ....
a few hundred eh ......must have been riviting reading ..where did you find the time
CIAO

Believe it or not, my time is quite precious and I do not appreciate wasting it on posts like that (which frankly, belong in a playground). I, like Ash, am also tied up with a close family death at the moment and do not appreciate having to deal with childish antics whilst having to arrange funerals and the like.

Yes, I have to field off messages and e-mails from HUNDREDS (oh my, capital letters, better shout then) from members that would be happy to see you (and others) go.


You have constantly 'bleated' all over this forum for years and got away with it. No longer. Either apologize on open forum this evening or go. I personally don't care.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I won't be posting anything else on the topic

Nor will you posting anything else about any topic here unless you apologize for recent comments and activity.

Well said Chris you have my total support in any decision that you make. This has always been a nice forum to be associated with and a return to normality will be welcome.

_________________
Cast off all care, inhale fresh air.
Back to top Go down
starlite
Mega user
Mega user


Posts : 1784
Join date : 2009-10-11

PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:01 pm

:Good post:chris, this continued disruption by some members is neither needed or wanted on this forum. time for them to make a decision before its made for them. g
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
avatar

Posts : 2265
Join date : 2010-09-10
Age : 61
Location : Paskalevets

PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Well said Chris you have my total support in any decision that you make. This has always been a nice forum to be associated with and a return to normality will be welcome.

Yes, well said Chris. The attraction for this Forum is founded on good Moderators who keep the members in some form of order with fairness involved. There are many other forums that allow disruption and members forming opinions of other members and posting nasty comments, but they are not for us.


c c
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user


Posts : 2150
Join date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Well said Chris you have my total support in any decision that you make. This has always been a nice forum to be associated with and a return to normality will be welcome.

Yes, well said Chris. The attraction for this Forum is founded on good Moderators who keep the members in some form of order with fairness involved. There are many other forums that allow disruption and members forming opinions of other members and posting nasty comments, but they are not for us.


c c

Thank you itchyfeet.

_________________
Cast off all care, inhale fresh air.
Back to top Go down
Scunnered
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 792
Join date : 2009-09-29
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:24 pm

We don't need a forum that is full of people sniping at each other. Life is hard enough as it is!
Come on folks, lets keep the forum a place to help each other and give friendly advice if asked.
Of course everyone has different opinions, but that doesn't mean we should put up with nasty or snide comments.
It should be a friendly site, and must be one that we are happy to log into, whether or not we agree with someone else's opinion. c
Back to top Go down
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
avatar

Posts : 381
Join date : 2013-01-26
Age : 68
Location : West Midlands, UK

PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I don't see anything confrontational in anyone expressing their opinion. A Bulgarian working in a professional job in UK has actually bought my house soon to return permanently but that is neither here nor there. There is much media hype going on and we have to remember that the EU states that there should be freedom to work in any EU country. We are not talking about illegals in this discussion but people's rights in a member state. If Britain wants to close its doors to immigrants now the country is full then the Government must pull out of the EU.
Lastly I am wondering about all the Brits living here who are actually immigrants and some running businesses without paying their dues to Bulgaria. What about those disenchanted Brits who are returning to Britain however bad things are in Britain according to some?
Chris is there any reason why my reply to the above post has been removed as I considered commenting on people returning to the UK had various reasons with poor health being one of them.

_________________
If it ain't broke, then I think I can soon fix it!
Back to top Go down
Chris
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 2299
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 54

PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Chris is there any reason why my reply to the above post has been removed

Sorry Phil, I don't think so, this entire thread has turned a bit manic and I may have overlooked something. Please repost and get this thread back to normality!
T
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Phil-H
Super user
Super user
avatar

Posts : 381
Join date : 2013-01-26
Age : 68
Location : West Midlands, UK

PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:54 pm

Ok thanks Chris, just as long as it wasn't removed because of something I had said, because considering the way the thread has gone I was actually mindful of being careful not to upset the apple cart any more than it already has been.

What did I say earlier?
1. Bulgarians returning hopefully with their honest hard earned money to BG should be applauded for not wanting to stay and free-load of the UK system.

2. Expats return to the UK for several reasons, one of the reasons being for the free health and welfare we have here in the UK.
Other reasons are obviously for family related issues, but which is the most common, well I leave that to others to decide.
But either way I do not begrudge them for taking that which they are entitled to.

_________________
If it ain't broke, then I think I can soon fix it!
Back to top Go down
tonyb60
Mega user
Mega user


Posts : 2150
Join date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Ok thanks Chris, just as long as it wasn't removed because of something I had said, because considering the way the thread has gone I was actually mindful of being careful not to upset the apple cart any more than it already has been.

What did I say earlier?
1. Bulgarians returning hopefully with their honest hard earned money to BG should be applauded for not wanting to stay and free-load of the UK system.

2. Expats return to the UK for several reasons, one of the reasons being for the free health and welfare we have here in the UK.
Other reasons are obviously for family related issues, but which is the most common, well I leave that to others to decide.
But either way I do not begrudge them for taking that which they are entitled to.


Thank you for this Phil.

Yes Bulgarians are returning back to BG in hardship but as you say if they have made money and are ready to reinvest in the homeland good on them. Met a chap the other day who said he came back as it was too expensive to live in the UK but had enough money to set up a small business here. g So there is an example of both scenarios.

Plus agreement with your second statement. But I personally have no reason to see any great advantage in going back to the UK on medical grounds, but as I am aware some do. The only problem with going back on health grounds is that if you are legal and have declared that you live in BG there is a 6 months wait for the so called free service. Wrong I know but this one has been debated in other places on the forum and we know that we will get no where complaining.

_________________
Cast off all care, inhale fresh air.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user


Posts : 1275
Join date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:36 am

Oh dear oh dear - for the life of me I can't see how the OP quoting a newspaper article has degenerated into a forum brawl. Obviously there is some personal animosity going on that I am unaware of.
As for my comment about Brits returning to UK - I am going for several reasons none of which have anything to do with health issues or claiming anything else which is not my due as a pensioner. In fact I will be struggling on financially for sometime and my Hero will be working at any menial job he can find. He is not proud and feels respect for himself just by working. He is as I write employed by the Community strimming ready for the Rockfest.
As for others, of course I did not mean everyone in my comment. Its just that property websites are flooded with Brits returning for their own reasons which we will never know or need to know. Its almost a reverse of the immigrant situation quoted in Britain.
So can we now get back on topic or lock it altogether and start again?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 2299
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 54

PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:49 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Oh dear oh dear - for the life of me I can't see how the OP quoting a newspaper article has degenerated into a forum brawl.

There was no forum 'brawl' as you put it. A user was warned by myself for being disrespectful and antagonizing to another forum moderator (and not for the first time). The user/s in question then turned down my offer of posting an apology for their actions or face a ban from the forum.

This is not a 'brawl' this is normal practice.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
So can we now get back on topic or lock it altogether and start again?

The previous three posts to yours were back on topic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user
avatar

Posts : 2124
Join date : 2009-11-10

PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:13 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Yes here we go again willow. I find your replies very confrontational and no one has an opinion apart from you. I can assure you that the Bulgarians that we know that have come back , and as we live here we know quite a few. They have all come back for the same reason no money.

Now many Bulgarians have said to us why do we live here, is it because it is cheap in comparison to the UK. Well our answer has always been the same, cost has never been an issue we like it here.

Although you may know Bulgarians that have achieved good positions I can assure you that this is not the norm. There are many that return here but I will grant you that there is also the many that stay. Same goes for here some stay some holiday and some go back for all sorts of reasons.

Good debate.

It seems I have said something on the forum that has been misunderstood or offensive, for this I will make an open apology as requested.


Please accept my apology.

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
therowfamily
Super user
Super user
avatar

Posts : 529
Join date : 2010-03-09

PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:02 am

It's a shame this topic got a little sidetracked but now that its back, I have to agree that many Bulgarians and Romanians do go to the uk because they think that they can make a good living and some of them choose to live in a room with others so they can send as much money back home as they can, but as stated lets not forget that there are many Brits in Bg who make a good living and don't pay a single penny ion tax which can not be said about the BG or RO who have their taxes deducted directly, however I do think they should limit the amount of foreigners allowed to work in the uk and make sure there is enough jobs for those who were born there and through no fault of their own can not find work.

Good discussion Brian
Back to top Go down
bigsavak
Super user
Super user
avatar

Posts : 753
Join date : 2009-09-16

PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:13 am

Quote :
ChrisThe user/s in question then turned down my offer of posting an apology for their actions or face a ban from the forum. {quote/]

I think you will find he has and since you said morning he did post back in time.

Just an observation




[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Yes here we go again willow. I find your replies very confrontational and no one has an opinion apart from you. I can assure you that the Bulgarians that we know that have come back , and as we live here we know quite a few. They have all come back for the same reason no money.

Now many Bulgarians have said to us why do we live here, is it because it is cheap in comparison to the UK. Well our answer has always been the same, cost has never been an issue we like it here.

Although you may know Bulgarians that have achieved good positions I can assure you that this is not the norm. There are many that return here but I will grant you that there is also the many that stay. Same goes for here some stay some holiday and some go back for all sorts of reasons.

Good debate.

It seems I have said something on the forum that has been misunderstood or offensive, for this I will make an open apology as requested.


Please accept my apology.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: So this is Britain   

Back to top Go down
 

So this is Britain

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

 Similar topics

-
» Cesar Millan coming to britain
» Oh BRITAIN, where did we go wrong?
» BIRDS VANISHING IN BRITAIN
» BRITAIN'S CUTEST STAFFY
» What colour 2011 rings................?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ExPat Lounge-