HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in

altText
altText
altText
altText
altText
altText

Share | 
 

 Blog Site Discussion: Please Read and Contribute

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
mike&tanya
Senior user
Senior user
avatar

Posts : 202
Join date : 2010-03-23
Age : 65
Location : London & Kliment near Karlova.

PostSubject: Blog Site Discussion: Please Read and Contribute   Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

tried to have a look but had to register and kept getting an annoying prize draw thing in Bulgarian (as I am in Bulgaria at the moment) so gave up.


Edited by Admin..

I have split this topic from here viewtopic.php?f=46&
t=6807
because it has now developed into a discussion about the blog site and the issues members are facing along with some ideas as to how to resolve the problem.
g

Edited by Chris..

Poll now added. Please help us by voting one way or another! Thanks

_________________
Mike
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Chris
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 2299
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 54

PostSubject: Re: Blog Site Discussion: Please Read and Contribute   Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:40 pm

Hi Gimp, good to hear from you, seems like ages! Nothing set in stone, just throwing ideas around. Still on my iPhone so will try clear up a few points later this evening or tomorrow when I get on a real keyboard!
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user
avatar

Posts : 2265
Join date : 2010-09-10
Age : 61
Location : Paskalevets

PostSubject: Re: Blog Site Discussion: Please Read and Contribute   Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Just read this and the way I understand it, is the boggers will possibly make a donation to write away their blogs but those who only wish to read will be able to do so just as at present without making any donation. c


Absolutely correct Gimp ::
Back to top Go down
Edna Bira
Senior user
Senior user
avatar

Posts : 170
Join date : 2013-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Blog Site Discussion: Please Read and Contribute   Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:01 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Looking at the results so far, opinion seems split in half, however, we're currently nowhere near getting the 40 or so members required to put such a section in place.

Let's leave the poll running over the weekend in the hope we get some more votes and suggestions.

Thanks
Chris

I thought i would "
bump"
this back to the top, it seems to be slipping away,it's long way off the 40 yet so "
roll up, roll up, place your votes here"
!!!! It is an important, more so for others but never the less, read the issues involved abd vote accrdingy.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user


Posts : 1275
Join date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Blog Site Discussion: Please Read and Contribute   Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:23 pm

I'll probably upset a few people but here goes. A forum is for discussion. A blog is for telling a story. There are loads of places to write blogs which will be read by a wider audience. On here people like to read bits and pieces of life in Bulgaria but surely we all have stories to tell but are of little interest to others who think they have a better story or could tell it better. I read one on Facebook which has its own website and followers all over the world and if you use a search engine there are masses of sites for blog writing so why clutter up a forum? To have to pay to read a blog is completely out of order. Just a thought and I have registered my vote. Can I ask what is the purpose generally of a blog and what is it that makes it different from any other missive? A few freelance journalists have done very well by writing excellent blogs so maybe its just a modern phenomen which will soon die anyway.
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user


Posts : 1275
Join date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Blog Site Discussion: Please Read and Contribute   Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:29 pm

Blog


From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 2299
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 54

PostSubject: Re: Blog Site Discussion: Please Read and Contribute   Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
To have to pay to read a blog is completely out of order.

Nobody has ever mentioned that any forum member would ever have to pay to read a blog here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 6134
Join date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Blog Site Discussion: Please Read and Contribute   Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:54 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I'll probably upset a few people but here goes. A forum is for discussion. A blog is for telling a story. There are loads of places to write blogs which will be read by a wider audience. On here people like to read bits and pieces of life in Bulgaria but surely we all have stories to tell but are of little interest to others who think they have a better story or could tell it better. I read one on Facebook which has its own website and followers all over the world and if you use a search engine there are masses of sites for blog writing so why clutter up a forum? To have to pay to read a blog is completely out of order. Just a thought and I have registered my vote. Can I ask what is the purpose generally of a blog and what is it that makes it different from any other missive? A few freelance journalists have done very well by writing excellent blogs so maybe its just a modern phenomen which will soon die anyway.


I think if you read through this topic there is no mention of any member having to pay to read any blog. At the moment we are only looking at the possibilities that are available on this forum, members on here like to share their writings with the members of the forum and some of them being friends which is great :Handshake:whereas FB is a faceless site of people no one knows all over the world which is fine for some ? if you trust FB. As for blog sites yes they exist but it does take a long time to get noticed even by Google. Just to reiterate......
NO MEMBER WILL EVER PAY TO READ ANYTHING ON THIS FORUM g

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Admin
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
oddball
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 6841
Join date : 2009-10-20
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: Blog Site Discussion: Please Read and Contribute   Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:57 pm

Oldun we have asked for members honest opinions we are simply trying to find out if we need a blog on the forum. This is why Chris has actioned a poll. We will explore every option to accommodate all our members requirements but e need feedback first. g

_________________
Berni & Dougie [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.bulgariaorphanagesillistra.com
justbazz1
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 1161
Join date : 2012-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Blog Site Discussion: Please Read and Contribute   Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:34 pm

Let us look at this way..I don't write a blog, I don't read blogs, I'm not at all interested in blogs, but if there is a way to make this forum more interesting for other members, I'm happy to make a contribution. The people who advertise on the forum are of no use to me because they are all a gazillion miles away from me, the crossword is very entertaining and I try it from time to time, but realistically speaking, how many others do?

If the forum needs, or wants my support, it will have it.






OK, off my soapbox now................
Back to top Go down
oldun
Super user
Super user


Posts : 1275
Join date : 2009-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Blog Site Discussion: Please Read and Contribute   Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:52 pm

Absolutely agree with that Bgbazz. Sorry to mention the dreaded Facebook. Just used it as an example. I just don't think a forum is a place for blogs. Thats my opinion which was asked for. End of....
Back to top Go down
chrissybg
Super user
Super user


Posts : 394
Join date : 2013-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Blog Site Discussion: Please Read and Contribute   Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:55 pm

may i ask a question I have got totally confused through out this discussion and i am wondering what has happened through out the site lately.?
Peope discuss things and yes some times go off topic no big deal in my opinion it only goes to show that people need to chat and learn from each other and buid up friendships. When this happens the discussion gets shouts down or is frozen Why the agression lately??
Some one suggested things to do in winter on a follow up from hobbies OK i understand that down loading is not supported but again was an argument needed can't an opinion be given with out fighting.
I haven't been with the site that long it's true but i do feel that admin and mods have got on the heavy side lately.What ever is going on in your personal lives that is stressing you then sort it out there not on the site by having a go at us all.
Then there is the question of blogs or no blogs. Well some body decided blogs would be a good idea to try and the site for those was opened if it is costing money for some thing not being used then close it and then all this talk about money how much which i never got an answer too and if it is not needed etc etc need not be a worry to any one.
I know there have been personal issues around many of the discussions there will always be because the things we all write about are our personal opinions our loves and hates and fears. We i thought were here to help each other support each other in things going on in Bulgaria what to do in England before we come experiences here etc but it crosses my mind that we will have to apply to have our opinion vetted before posting soon.
Now i am sorry to have to write this i am not an agressive person just frustrated because i can see a once good happy welcoming helpful site falling by the way side. There are not any others in my opinion and it is a sad day to call this one unhappy now.
There are a lot of very old posts on the site too a lot that do not applie with law changes etc so how about removing them to create more room and make the site more up to date. Then Anglo info will not have to be refered to at times. thank you for hearing me out good evening to you all s
Back to top Go down
Chris
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 2299
Join date : 2009-09-14
Age : 54

PostSubject: Re: Blog Site Discussion: Please Read and Contribute   Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:13 pm

Hi chrissy

As your comments are obviously aimed at me in person, then I shall reply in person and take my 'Moderator' cap off for a moment...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
When this happens the discussion gets shouts down or is frozen Why the agression lately??

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
OK i understand that down loading is not supported but again was an argument needed can't an opinion be given with out fighting.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
i do feel that admin and mods have got on the heavy side lately.What ever is going on in your personal lives that is stressing you then sort it out there not on the site by having a go at us all.

There are two things I can do here...

1. Continue to moderate this forum in accordance with the forum rules (that you all agreed to when you signed up). That's all that I've done of late, no 'aggression', no 'fighting' and not 'having a go'. Just withholding the forum rules with the backing of the forum Administrator and the other Moderators

2. I could decide to not give a toss. Stop spending hours of my time here for free. Stop spending my own money to help with hosting and upgrades, just so you can all have a free forum. Then of course, then the place could happily descend into topics about underage sex, illegal downloading and any other free ads anyone felt like posting.

That's me speaking on behalf of me, not as a Moderator and not with the backing of other Mods or Admin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tonicwebworks.com
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 6134
Join date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Blog Site Discussion: Please Read and Contribute   Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hi chrissy

As your comments are obviously aimed at me in person, then I shall reply in person and take my 'Moderator' cap off for a moment...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
When this happens the discussion gets shouts down or is frozen Why the agression lately??

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
OK i understand that down loading is not supported but again was an argument needed can't an opinion be given with out fighting.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
i do feel that admin and mods have got on the heavy side lately.What ever is going on in your personal lives that is stressing you then sort it out there not on the site by having a go at us all.

There are two things I can do here...

1. Continue to moderate this forum in accordance with the forum rules (that you all agreed to when you signed up). That's all that I've done of late, no 'aggression', no 'fighting' and not 'having a go'. Just withholding the forum rules with the backing of the forum Administrator and the other Moderators

2. I could decide to not give a toss. Stop spending hours of my time here for free. Stop spending my own money to help with hosting and upgrades, just so you can all have a free forum. Then of course, then the place could happily descend into topics about underage sex, illegal downloading and any other free ads anyone felt like posting.

That's me speaking on behalf of me, not as a Moderator and not with the backing of other Mods or Admin.


Chris you have my full backing. If there are any members on this forum who are not happy with the way it is moderated then there are plenty of others you can join where they will talk about anything illegal or otherwise. None of the mods or the admin on this forum have any personal issue which reflects on the forum either now or in the future. The mods on this forum do a fantastic job and are always prepared to help where they can and to protect our members from anything that the forum considers harmful. So its quite simple if you don't like the way the forum is being rum/moderated then as I said there are others which you can join.

Now for those members who are having a discussion here about 'Blog Site Discussion: Please Read and Contribute'


Please continue in the forum spirit as you have always done. g

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Admin
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
justbazz1
Moderator
Moderator


Posts : 1161
Join date : 2012-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Blog Site Discussion: Please Read and Contribute   Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:59 pm

I think that Chrissy has hit the nail right on the head..do we ignore child abuse, can't we express an opinion without someone saying it's not 'within the forum rules"
. Do you all think these problems magically vanish because 'the man who pays the bills' doesn't agree with your views? No, my forum friends...that is NOT the way a forum works!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 6134
Join date : 2009-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Blog Site Discussion: Please Read and Contribute   Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:16 pm

There is nothing wrong with your debate but this topic isn't the place, you can start a new topic about the rights and wrongs on that issue but not in this topic. No topics vanish because the bill payer doesn't like them, you only have to search the forum to realise that because its been discussed before so please get your facts right. g

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Admin
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Back to top Go down
http://www.ourbulgariaforum.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Blog Site Discussion: Please Read and Contribute   

Back to top Go down
 

Blog Site Discussion: Please Read and Contribute

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

 Similar topics

-
» Jackson Looseyia's Blog
» Blog Bathilde USA 2011-2012
» Honey Boys
» Animal Rescue Site - Daily Click
» Vote for the WAA Blog of 2010

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ExPat Lounge-