altText
altText

Share | 

Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66
AuthorMessage
oddball

PostSubject: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi All

I am looking though the forum and although many of you log on and look around you don't always post - So to stop me wondering where everyone is and of course we are thinking of you and do miss you guys - Please pop in here and say hello, if nothing else, just to keep me happy and we will know you are there and all OK.

Hello from Berni &
Dougie

AuthorMessage
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:24 pm

varnagirl wrote:
oddball wrote:
..  But will have to learn to say no every now and then. We have noticed now all the donkies have gone they are beginning to use us as a taxi now so have to work out how to handle that one, without upsetting anyone. Hot

They will use you as much as they can ..and whilst you are useful to them ,they will be your best friend...have you not cotton on to that yet gal.....

I have VG but I always get caught    The other day got a call to ask where we were told them in the villa then they said we need to be at the doctor in half an hour Ivan is very sick, what could I do but take them, it turned  out to be nothing much, thank goodness  but we waited the 45 min to take them home again,. When they came out Ganka said can we wait for her friend and take her back to the next village. I realises then they weer taking the Michael. I said no, Dougie will be very angry, I did not tell him until we got home and sure enough he went off on a paddy. So I am learning.

I got wise now when the ask are we going to Silistra, I would say yes and before I knew it we were taking them at 7am so they can be first in line to see doctor etc, but too early for us to do what we needed, when they had finished at the doc they called us to take them home, so our trip to Silistra was to taxi them Dougie was livid so no I say not sure when we are going. Just have to be one step ahead, but we still get caught out.

But all said and done, we can't blame them, if we are stupid enough to jump in when they say so, then it is our fault really.

Last edited by oddball on Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.bulgariaorphanagesillistra.com
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:40 pm

Oh and the other thing that annoys me is we are their best friends, daughter etc when we go to them or anywhere and the get a telephone call they tell the person on the phone the English are here, or we are with the English, not Berni and Dougie just the englachane.

willowsend
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:04 pm

oddball wrote:
Oh and the other thing that annoys me is we are their best friends, daughter etc when we go to them or anywhere and the get a telephone call they tell the person on the phone the English are here, or we are with the English, not Berni and Dougie just the englachane.

You need to train them to say British I think
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: subject   Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:21 pm

You need to out think them Bernie...play them at the same game. Get Dougie to park Fergie in the yard and remove a wheel....when they ask to go somewhere, tell them you have a flat tire and ask them to come and collect the wheel for repair...or tell them you have no fuel and they must bring some if they want to go somewhere....it's called tough love where I come from.

I had to learn the hard way and believe it not, they will respect you for it!!
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:14 pm

justbazz wrote:
You need to out think them Bernie...play them at the same game. Get Dougie to park Fergie in the yard and remove a wheel....when they ask to go somewhere, tell them you have a flat tire and ask them to come and collect the wheel for repair...or tell them you have no fuel and they must bring some if they want to go somewhere....it's called tough love where I come from.

I had to learn the hard way and believe it not, they will respect you for it!!

Will try to Bazz g

oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:15 pm

willowsend wrote:
oddball wrote:

You need to train them to say British I think

Actually Willow I will at some point say I am not English, I am Irish - see if that would have made a difference, but naturally I don't want to be rude but just make a point. Then I think does it really matter am I making a big deal of it all. c

willowsend
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:59 am

Actually Berni I am going to say here what I am thinking. You have been a wonderful ambassador to all those children over the last few years and they have benefited big style from all your involvement. You must now realise that you are not the fairy godmother anymore and realise that you are involved with adults who are people who will do anything to get the best out of you, don't forget I am speaking from experience here
Don't keep give give, give, they will love it, and let me give you an example
For eight years I have paid for everything up front, the gardener, the pool man and the housekeepers etc, this year I have paid for work they have done only when I have received an invoice or a communication by email to say how much I owe, that has taken me eight years to build up a relationship of trust with them, but I have won
At the end of the day it's all down to trust and in my opinion you don't have to buy your friends. In Bulgaria we have some good friends, people who would pay their own fare and got on a airplane and come to the UK to be at our 50th Wedding anniversary, they are true friends not somebody who wants you to take them to the doctor etc, so my advice to you Berni  is keep them at arms length, use them as much as they want to use you
I hope I am not being unkind here but I hate us true Brits being taken for a ride
Sleep well  
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:55 pm

Hot Having a fab time here in Golden Sands Varna at the all inclusive hotel with 14 friends, thinking do I really need to go home.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   

Back to top Go down

Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 66 of 66Go to page : Previous  1 ... 34 ... 64, 65, 66