Bulsat

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball

PostSubject: Bulsat   Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi Guys

Need a litlle feedback please. I went the Bulsat office and asked for the full package which has English channels - they said yes there are many English channels and films bu the total package is 28lev per onth, so I said ok we will have the package The engnieers came out took off the satillite dish and put up bulsat - then it tested but all the progrmmes were in Bulgarian I said to the engineer where are the English channels he said no English channels maybe HBO is in english some films he proceeded to go through the channels and found about 4 dscovery, science and news. I told him I did not want this unless ther are english channels he rang the office as he said I needed another dish to pick up and the cost would be more. The chap in the office spoke english and he said even if I get the other satalite dish I will sill only have about 4 channels and only HBO film So naturally I declined the contract. How come people say they get lots o english channels on bulsat and we can only get 4 which is not mch good and not worth paying 28lev a month. We paid £75 for the sat dish only to find out all we could get on that was news. so led up the garden path there.

AuthorMessage
paddy
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Bulsat   Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:34 pm

good evening Oddbul
sorry still have problems but have found the Astra sats that carry UK do not cover Bulgaria they go just past the border around Serbia but the good news is Eutesat 28A at 28.5East which has English channels on not sure how many I also think your best route for English would be American Expat sites so you need to be looking at Saudie sites even Israle or Dubia will carry on the good work as the last thing everyone wants to do is copy Eastenders and Coronation Street. I am sure their is a sat up there as I can not see the yanks doing without the brits would just have a stiff upper lip old chaps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.askbuck.com/.
paddy
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Bulsat   Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:38 pm

just found an Astra sat 1G at 31.5east this goes over Bulgaria do not know as yet what it carries?
Back to top Go down
paddy
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Bulsat   Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:53 pm

found another but again not sure who it carries but it will have English as it covers Saudie and most of the Middle east will stop now until I can find a better way for you
SES 4 at 22.0 west it does look that it has Yank news sport
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Bulsat   Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:48 am

T paddy

Edna Bira
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Bulsat   Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:24 am

How is your phone signal? Get a smart phone with unlimited downloads and connect the phone to the tv with something like "
google chromecast"
! You can get apps with channels from all over the world should you be inclined.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... ext+|+BKWS
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Bulsat   Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:48 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
How is your phone signal? Get a smart phone with unlimited downloads and connect the phone to the tv with something like "
google chromecast"
! You can get apps with channels from all over the world should you be inclined.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... ext+|+BKWS

T Edna Bira - will have a word with Global next week and see what they say... Bulgariabill do you think this would work in our place the only internet service we can get here is Global we have pone service Mtel and Vivacom but internet dongle will not work.

Edna Bira If emory servers me right your husband is in the building trade could you provide me with a website link and where they are prepared t trave to please. Thanks

bulgariabill
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Bulsat   Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:29 am

Have you tried ISP on below link?, Has the orphanage got internet? who provides that?

Internet providers = Sillistra - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... +providers.

Re the Chrome cast, not had first hand knowledge, looked at link, If you have a smart phone and get a good signal then in theory it should work, it looks like the phone becomes the Service provider, and the chrome cast (plugged into HDMI slot on TV) becomes the receiver So for set up you need
1. smart Phone - 2 the Chromecast 3. a TV with HDMI

Hope that helps
Bill
Back to top Go down
paddy
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: Bulsat   Thu May 01, 2014 12:31 pm

just had a chat with the sat man, he said his dad who lives in Spain, has a 3.2m dish and has no English BBC etc and he said once you have broadband you need to get a devise thats hides your IP address, this makes in look like your in the UK and then you can stream down BBC programs, still trying honest gov.
Back to top Go down
tedthered
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Bulsat   Thu May 01, 2014 2:54 pm

Just go online and Google VPN, (VIRTUAL PRIVATE NETWORK), we pay £5 a month for ours and watch catch up TV, we use film on for live telly, we just run a HDMI lead from the laptop to the telly

Cheers

Tedthe Red

I made a mistake once, I thought I had made a mistake, but I was wrong
Back to top Go down
http://malandtedfromravda.com/
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Bulsat   Thu May 01, 2014 3:09 pm

Just go online and Google VPN, (VIRTUAL PRIVATE NETWORK), we pay £5 a month for ours and watch catch up TV, we use film on for live telly, we just run a HDMI lead from the laptop to the telly

Cheers

Tedthe Red

Yep, would be great if only we had internrt unfortunately we have nothing in our village. Bulsat said they can provide us with tv but there in 4 english channels science,discovery, news amd one more not worth paying 28lev a month for that. Our friend has talked about an internet antanna aerial it will cost us to put it in than we pay a monthly charge for the internet not sure of the exact detilas until after te holidays then we will know more.

oddball

PostSubject: Re: Bulsat   Thu May 22, 2014 9:47 pm

We decided to give Bulsat a miss all togeter now their prices goes up everytime we as about TV however, we have managed to get some Engish channels on the Satallite system we bought last year, it had only 5 news channels on it. When the engineer came back to refit the satalitte dish Bulsat took down but did not replace it again, he updated it and we now have a few more English channells and less news channels. So delighted he said if we got a bigger dish 1mtr or 1.5 than we would get more channerls.

Spoke with the mayor of the village and he said if we get 10 people who want internet than he can request cable but I would need to speak with the Governor of Silistra as this might push thiings along. The mayor said we have 8 households so far.. So might have internet by the end of the summer. c

itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Bulsat   Fri May 23, 2014 1:04 pm

We decided to give Bulsat a miss all togeter now their prices goes up everytime we as about TV however, we have managed to get some Engish channels on the Satallite system we bought last year, it had only 5 news channels on it. When the engineer came back to refit the satalitte dish Bulsat took down but did not replace it again, he updated it and we now have a few more English channells and less news channels. So delighted he said if we got a bigger dish 1mtr or 1.5 than we would get more channerls.

Spoke with the mayor of the village and he said if we get 10 people who want internet than he can request cable but I would need to speak with the Governor of Silistra as this might push thiings along. The mayor said we have 8 households so far.. So might have internet by the end of the summer. c

There is no doubt that some things here in Bulgaria are on par with the UK and some are even better, however, if you live in a village and require an internet connection you may first meet a caveman making smoke signs with a bedsheet and a smokey fire!! And in some villages that would be better than any internet connection for sure. We have a doodling population of around 200 in our village, thanks goodness the church bell hasn't rung recently otherwise that figure would be even less. Our mayor in his infinite wisdom has had Vivacom install their mast above his office, which is at the lowest point of the village, the end result was, anyone more than 200 metres away gets next to no signal. Our signal strength is only 2G, yes they do less G than 3 and 3% of villages in Bulgaria only have 2G.

So it's off to the top of the hill for me with a pile of wood and a bedsheet, I must tell my family I am still here in Bulgaria and haven't disappeared somewhere else in the world!!

Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Bulsat   Fri May 23, 2014 6:23 pm

g

oddball

PostSubject: Re: Bulsat   Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:38 am

Ah here we go again!! my moan for today

We have no tv now for 7 days the satilliite has no signal tried everything but nothing works. So had to call the engineer out the checked on his machine and there was a signal so it turns out we have to get the received fixed this is the 3rd box we hve had so far. He charged me 10lev for petrol and 10lev for his time - He took the box away for repair said about 25 to 40lev and no doubt petrol and his time again another 20lev so a possible total o 80lev to repair - plus when he came about a month or so ago he charged 15lev total payout is 95lev we the dish and received cost us 140lev so looks like I could have bought a bigger dish at the money I am paying hiim and his visits appear to be regular now. I think this is a nice little earner for him! If it goes again than we will have to consider the basic bulsat. Feel a little let down now as am finding things are not so good when we want something done, the villagers are find it's just outsiders, they seem to see lev signs when we want something done and when I question it they say this is Bulgaria normal here. Maybe I need to take a course and learn technical stuff

itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Bulsat   Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:08 am

Ah here we go again!! my moan for today

We have no tv now for 7 days the satilliite has no signal tried everything but nothing works. So had to call the engineer out the checked on his machine and there was a signal so it turns out we have to get the received fixed this is the 3rd box we hve had so far. He charged me 10lev for petrol and 10lev for his time - He took the box away for repair said about 25 to 40lev and no doubt petrol and his time again another 20lev so a possible total o 80lev to repair - plus when he came about a month or so ago he charged 15lev total payout is 95lev we the dish and received cost us 140lev so looks like I could have bought a bigger dish at the money I am paying hiim and his visits appear to be regular now. I think this is a nice little earner for him! If it goes again than we will have to consider the basic bulsat. Feel a little let down now as am finding things are not so good when we want something done, the villagers are find it's just outsiders, they seem to see lev signs when we want something done and when I question it they say this is Bulgaria normal here. Maybe I need to take a course and learn technical stuff

Our Internet coverage is bad enough, but yours seems to be even worse Berni. With all this money you are spending have you considered satellite internet? The service is provided by Vivacom of course, but the installation costs are very high at around a 1000 Leva for the equipment and installation. The cheapest monthly rental if my memory serves me correct is in the region of 29 Euros. Expensive, but will always be there and working. Unfortunately, that price is out of our bracket, so not looking for it personally.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bulsat   

Back to top Go down

Bulsat

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next