Share | 

The price of wood for 2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball

PostSubject: The price of wood for 2014   Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:55 am

First topic message reminder :

Ginka has just had some chopped wood delivered 4 ton to be exact at a price of 500lev is that a good price?

AuthorMessage
oddball

PostSubject: Re: The price of wood for 2014   Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:03 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I would suggest that you pack them all into the garage, is there anyway that you can get ventilation through the garage ?? this will allow it dry without causing any problems. If you leave it all outside as you say they will grow legs.

:Thank you:June will see what we can do. Right now I think I will do what Spotty here has done

#‎elfontheshelf‬ Well well...it appears Spotty had himself a little midweek party of mulled wine &
mince pies.
Even using a mince pie as a pillow &
a couple of chocolate buttons to block out the light. Naughty elf!!

Edna Bira
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: The price of wood for 2014   Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:44 am

Slightly off (ok well off) topic, i was wondering how you are getting on with the air-con, i looked for the thread but i reckon it's been deleted.
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: The price of wood for 2014   Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:03 am

Slightly off (ok well off) topic, i was wondering how you are getting on with the air-con, i looked for the thread but i reckon it's been deleted.

Here you go hun [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: The price of wood for 2014   Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:59 pm

We have loads of wood let from the old granny house it is too good to cut up for the fire it could make a wood shed or barn he only problem we have now is it has been left untside uncovered so it is soaking wet we have nowhere to store it really unless we put it in the garage but if it is still wet than it will make everytiing damp in there. If we leave it outside, you can be sure it will be gone when we get back in the spring. We also have the bricks and the roof tiles again they will grow legs So what do I do.............. ::

The Autumn and the Winter has been rather wet so far and of course our late purchase of wood in November is not as dry as we would like, although it's stored in a barn. Our property resembled a building yard in the Summer with me and Annette using the cement mixer for oodles of concrete needed to make walking around our property in the Winter much safer and finance was tight. However after speaking to some friends, it appears that their wood purchased in August is no better than ours because of the constant rain and foggy mornings. Their wood is under cover and not subject to rain falling on it, but the wet and damp has made a big difference to the wood burning on their fires. We will be purchasing our wood in the Summer next year and storing it in a dry barn and hope that it will be OK for the Winter time.
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: The price of wood for 2014   Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:45 pm

I think we will be doing the same Itchy.. I am so glad I did not get rid of the pechka when we got the aircon heating. Yes it is a lot of work but I have to say the fire has been brilliant in the cold. The las lot of wood is burning an the fire looks back but add some kiindling every now and then seems to bring it alive. I think we bought our wood too late too so cme April or May I will start asking around fo wood.

oddball

PostSubject: Re: The price of wood for 2014   Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:48 am

The wood is buring but not much heat so had to buy some brickets now the wood and a few brickets are fab together - the only thing is the smell of the brickets so put my thinking hat on and came up with a solutions. Put some comfort and water in a sauspan and put on top of hte pechka - Wonderful, the villa smells great! When it gets too hot take it off to cool and top up with water. g

oddball

PostSubject: Re: The price of wood for 2014   Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:56 pm

Today we had 6 cubic metres of wood delivered already chopped. Nver seen so much wood  last year we had 4 cubs and it was only a quarter of what we received today so guess we were stung last year.  

Ginka said she would get the wood at a cost of  550 lev for  5 cubs, Yvanka overheard this and a war almost broke out  It is far too much so Yvanka sorted out 6 cubs including transport for 390lev  Great wood too.  Ginka went back to her friend and she got the wood for  75lev a cub inc transport.  I am well happy photos is on my own facebook page.

Last edited by oddball on Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.bulgariaorphanagesillistra.com
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: The price of wood for 2014   Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:35 am

In the past few days the chirping of the birds in our village has been interrupted by the ringing of the blades on circular saws cutting wood. Our villagers are keen on buying metre lengths of wood and sawing and cutting them all themselves. Us expats are buying ready cut and chopped wood in an effort to continue with renovating their houses.

We will burn 14 to 16 cubes of wood and I don't see much fun in handling the whole lot twice to save the extra cost of someone else doing it.

Hot Hot Hot
Back to top Go down
BGIan
Junior user
Junior user

PostSubject: Re: The price of wood for 2014   Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:48 pm

Have i understood you correctly? You will burn 14 -16 Cubic of wood over a winter season? if so, what are you using it on and for, and what type of wood is it?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
itchyfeet
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: The price of wood for 2014   Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:26 pm

Have i understood you correctly? You will burn 14 -16 Cubic of wood over a winter season? if so, what are you using it on and for, and what type of wood is it?

Thanks

We have a 200 sq mtr residence with eight radiators and a pechka in our huge kitchen. Running a central heating is not cheap, but keeps the house nice and warm. We buy wood already cut and chopped, some from suppliers we know and some from our village mayor.

c g s
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: The price of wood for 2014   Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:06 pm

We have now run out of the 6cubs of wood we bought and also the 3 cubs we alreayd had. I thought we would have had enough in that lot but not so. We have other wood we can cut up when needed however, we went to Silistra and bought 6 dsvkd og yhr the eco wood cut rolls. 25kg bags @ 11lev each. I must say they are really great. There is no mess and they take in the fire almost instantly. They do burn quickly but stays read for a long time. The heat from them is amazing far hotter that coal too. I wonder how much a cubic would cost If it is say 9 bags to a cubic that would be 225lev so over 2000lev for 10 cubs too expensive eh!

justbazz
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: subject   Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:46 am

Try and find out who makes them and go straight to them...cut out all the middlemen.
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: The price of wood for 2014   Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:42 pm

[quote="justbazz"]Try and find out who makes them and go straight to them...cut out all the middlemen.[/quote

Ah right someone did say there is a factory in Shumen will check it out g T

oddball

PostSubject: Re: The price of wood for 2014   Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:58 am

Our wood supply was very low so bought 6 or 7 bags of these ecobricks and they are just great, so much heat.  Will be stocking up every time we see them now.  They are more expensive but if we buy a few bags at a time it won't be so costly.

Today we had 10cubs of wood delivered, it is cut but looks a little damp so decided not to put it away yet see if it will dry out a bit first.  When it rains just cover it over and the rest of the time uncover then when [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] comes to visit he can put it all away La La La

oddball

PostSubject: Re: The price of wood for 2014   Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:29 pm

Well the wood was delivered this morning in two lots of 5cubs

1st photo is 5 and second photo is 10cubs. Is this a good wood??

We have not put it away just covered it over as it looks a bit green so will leave out for a while and hopefully over the next weeks the sun will weather it. or do you think we should put it away????

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The price of wood for 2014   

Back to top Go down

The price of wood for 2014

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next