altText

Share | 

wanted electric shower

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball

PostSubject: wanted electric shower    Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:04 am

Ok guys I am thinking about an electric shower for the small bathroom putting a boiler in will take up too much room.  Tried a few diy shops here but no electric showers thereforek if anyone has one for sale can you please let me know thanks

bulgariabill
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: wanted electric shower    Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:42 am

What about Technopolis Instant water heater, and just attache shower pipe and head to where the tap is ??

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not sure how much constant hot water supply you will get, will depend on size.. one cold feed??

OR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and have next the the Gazebo La
Bill
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: wanted electric shower    Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:55 pm

Defo worth looking at Bill thanks   Oh and re the camping shower yes we have one of them hanging above the woodshed and must say it is great water gets really hot great to nip under and freshen up before you go into the villa.  g

Daisy
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: wanted electric shower    Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:08 pm

Why don't you get one next time your in the uk s
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: wanted electric shower    Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:24 pm

Daisy wrote:
Why don't you get one next time your in the uk s

Think we might have to Daisy just have to watch the baggage allowance now

justbazz
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: subject   Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:52 pm

Shame that space is a problem for you...I have an 80 litre, cylindrical storage heater going begging. Brand new, still in the unopened box...I jumped the gun and bought it when I thought my newly fitted one had died...hadn't realised that these have a reset button (instruction manual is not in English). Clicked the button and it's been working perfectly now for more than 10 years!! Six bodies showering one after the other and only the last one will feel a slight decrease in water temp...5 mins and it's back to normal.

It's just taking up space in my store room.
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: wanted electric shower    Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:16 pm

justbazz wrote:
Shame that space is a problem for you...I have an 80 litre, cylindrical storage heater going begging. Brand new, still in the unopened box...I jumped the gun and bought it when I thought my newly fitted one had died...hadn't realised that these have a reset button (instruction manual is not in English). Clicked the button and it's been working perfectly now for more than 10 years!!  Six bodies showering one after the other and only the last one will feel a slight decrease in water temp...5 mins and it's back to normal.

It's just taking up space in my store room.

Yes we can fit a boiler but I was thinking a shower would be much better. I bought an instant hot water tap set for the kitchen area, just thought an electric shower would be much better, but now not so sure, i spoke with an electrician as it appears the shower has to be on different circut completely as it would be too powerful for the mains, whatever that means. The Bulgarian's are not keep on electric showers probably because this is new to them. So not sure what to do now.

bulgariabill
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: wanted electric shower    Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:34 pm

Quote :
i spoke with an electrician as it appears the shower has to be on different circut completely as it would be too powerful for the mains, whatever that means.

He probably means that the power the heating element in an electric shower draws is quite a bit to keep the water at temperature whilst running, so like your cooker /water boiler needs its own circuit.

So when in Rome !!! ??
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: wanted electric shower    Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:38 pm

bulgariabill wrote:
Quote :
i spoke with an electrician as it appears the shower has to be on different circut completely as it would be too powerful for the mains, whatever that means.

He probably means that the power the heating element in an electric shower draws is quite a bit to keep the water at temperature whilst running, so like your cooker /water boiler needs its own circuit.

So when in Rome !!! ??

Ah understand, but surely a 60 to 80ltr boiler would be just as powerful as an electric shower and owuld have to have it's own connection and fuse like the cooker.

bulgariabill
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: wanted electric shower    Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:48 pm

As far as I understand it, and I may be told I am wrong ... but.. electric shower (Like in UK) has a cold feed and when used the heating element kicks in and heats the water as it passes through... so it is heating a lot of cold water very quickly, so a lot of power needed. (Your instant hot tap you bought must work the same way ? are the instructions in English)

The water heaters / boilers store water and are controlled by thermostat so keep water at a temperature until such time as it drops below required temp so not 'power' heating the water. Would still have it on a separate circuit though.

Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: wanted electric shower    Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:00 pm

OK thanks Bill I understand now, so really better getting a boiler fitted than.  T so much.

Last edited by oddball on Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.bulgariaorphanagesillistra.com
justbazz
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: subject   Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:07 pm

Bill is quite right...separate circuit...cheap and very easy to install with its own breaker...that's how I did mine and no problems at all in over 9 years.
Back to top Go down
GeshiSimon
Senior user
Senior user

PostSubject: Re: wanted electric shower    Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:51 am

I agree with the the points that [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] have made, I would like to add that on the point of safety make sure the appliance is correctly grounded (water + electricity = shocking results).

Use the correct size of cable, most domestic wiring in BG is a radial circuit which with 2.5mm cable has a current capacity of 20amps, with 4mm cable 30amps (UK ring main with 2.5mm has a current capacity of 30amps, hence the standard UK ring main breaker of 32amps) 6mm cable would be my choice.

Use the correct breaker, depending on the wattage rating of the appliance. The current draw is easily calculated by using dear old Mr Ohm's law (Watts divided by Volts equals Amps). It would be unlikely that the wattage exceeds 3000w or 3Kw because of laws in other EU countries such as Germany that have a maximum domestic breaker rating of 16amps. For a 3Kw appliance I would not use a breaker exceeding 16amps.

Sorry about getting all “teckky” but the beauty about growing older is that it is far better that the alternative, therefore safety is paramount.
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: wanted electric shower    Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:21 pm

T Si will g

willowsend
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: wanted electric shower    Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:40 pm

Our showers work off boilers, the upstairs shower room and the en-suite bathroom both work off the one boiler, and the downstairs wet room shower and kitchen sink work off the other boiler, no problems g
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wanted electric shower    

Back to top Go down

wanted electric shower

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next