altText
altText

Share | 

Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
oddball

PostSubject: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:34 am

First topic message reminder :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Berni, I thought you might like this little poem Angel
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I was with my Mum last Thursday, she will be 99 years old in February and still weeds her garden and does her house work, she also does her weeks shopping in Morison's having got a lift with a next door neighbour. I am her POA and we went to organise and pay for her funeral and I can say now we will not mourn her death in black, we will celebrate her life and her will to get the best out of life, it will be a carnival send off

I am also living with the knowledge that I will loose my lovely wife who is only 70 years old with that dreadful disease dementia. Life can be very cruel and you sometime ask, why me, anyway we will continue to live our lives to the full and enjoy whatever time we have together and hopefully make many more visit to our lovely Bulgarian home to be with our

Ah that's lovely Willow thanks a million.

AuthorMessage
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:59 am

OOOpppsss..... You may be in the Lap of the Gods? you never know it MIGHT make it....
I presume your old license was in there? if so looks like Dougie is in the driving seat for a bit.
What is the return address? UK or BG? they usually give a process time, i.e 4- 6 weeks, might be an idea to wait and see what situation is after that time and if no show, go down the 'Lost/stolen route on DVLA website?

Bill
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:16 am

If it's anything to go by Berni we had two mails from Varna posted on 12th December and they arrived between 14th and 17th January. Both had our full address in the UK and both had the senders full address on the front of the envelope, they also had 1.80 leva stamp and a blue sticker with Prioritaire, so I sincerely hope your mail get's to Swansea some time in the not to distant future
Back to top Go down
varnagirl
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:00 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I have a feeling I have mess up now. Sent my driving renewal details back to dvla yesterday from Sofia, it was a bit of a polarva finding a post office when we did we were sent to 3  different counters then sent outside to buy a stamp and was told to put it in the post box. Said need to register but she was getting rather annoyed with me and said again no put in the box and I know I should not have done that but I did. The address said dvla Swansea and post code no country so I fear it will ever get there.

and why the hell did you not get annoyed back gal and demand the service you wanted....not aggressive but assertive ..!

in future stand your ground for what you want..if need be say out LOUD to the people around you "anyone here speak english that can help me ""
9 times out of 10 someone will step forward

you should know by now you dont take their crap !
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:56 pm

I just wasn't prepared for her and before I knew it I was shoved aside but you are right I should have made sure I was doing the right thing before dropping it in the box. I have an awful feeling the letter will get lost. Dvla sent me the doc here it took 12 days to arrive so will ring them to say I sent info back to make a note then will ring them in 12 days to see if they received the letter, if not then will have to apply for lost licence and start all over again but do it when I go home for the 3 months.

Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:01 pm

Hi Bernie

Thinking back to when I renewed mine, you do not have to send current one back until the new one arrived, so all you will have lost, is, as you say the application, so not a major issue? just the hassle of doing it again, and presume your current one is still valid as you are applying well before the expiry date.

To clear up a bit of confusion, you have said before you have an Irish passport? is that Southern Ireland, if so does DVLA Swansea renew Southern Irish Driving licences and not the NDLS?

Bill
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:11 pm

They need a new photo. The app form a chew and the driving license returned together if you do not hold a uk passport. Otherwise they will not process. I just thought after piping it in the post box that there is no country on the envelope so the sorting office will not know where dvla swansea is. Feel so stupid now.

Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:09 pm

OK so they do process Republic of Ireland licences? I would have thought if issued by Ireland it would be renewed with them,

Kep fingers crossed that main sorting office have the common sense/knowledge or gumption to put SA1 1XX into google it will at least give the Country and area??
Bill
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:02 pm

Oh I do hope so Bill.
Another fab day here in Sofia today, actually got inside the cathedral today  nice paintings but Romania churchs etc are still the best so far.

Last edited by oddball on Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
justbazz
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: subject   Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:17 pm

To be perfectly honest, I've given up on the BG post system...I had a run in with them about 10 years ago and I've never bothered since ( I'm talking about mailing letters)...these days, I just use a courier and a jiffy bag (padded bag). My bank statements from Australia, which used to arrive within 7 days, now take months, instead of days...when they appear in my mailbox, they show that they were received at the post office weeks and sometimes a month or more, before delivery! I've had parcels sent from my family in Oz...sent by registered post...signature required...arrive here, completely empty!! Just to test the system, I had my brother, in Australia, send me a shoebox filled with ....nothing!! That was more than 6 years ago and I still haven't received it.
Back to top Go down
willowsend
Mega user
Mega user

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:06 am

bazz

I think that sums it up very well, perhaps we should all have our own pigeons
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:40 am

10 years ago I bought a card in Silistra and took it to the Silistra post office, I bought a stamp and addressed it to myself at our village. I am still waiting fir that card  

Lost lots of cards addressed to our address but since I have everything addressed to the post office in the next village all seems to arrive and the lady rings Gina to tell me there is post or if they pay out pensions and there is mail she will bring ir and give it to my neighbour to give to me. So that seems to be working well so far.

Last edited by oddball on Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bulgariabill
Super user
Super user

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:43 am

Not to put the cat amongst the pigeons  La
Unless we have been blessed Angel  we have never lost a letter or card sent from UK here or vice versa, so it does work, unless it's one of those area things, Documents / important items we use courier (DHL/Speedy/Econt) at least that way you can track them' Some info here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]                  https://www.worldwide-parcelservices.co.uk/

Bill
Back to top Go down
oddball

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:56 am

Thank Bill I will keep my fingers crossed and pray all goes well. Should have thought of speedy or one of those but I know for the future, we live and learn eh!

How very strange, we love it here in Sofia but today we both said something about glad to be going home only one more day then home. The city life is  good and we really enjoyed being here but 5 days is too long for us. If we were in a house it would be ok but living in an apartment is very hard. I feel so cooped up. I know now how poor Ginka feels after moving to an apartment in town with a closed in balcony mist be awful especially after they lived in the village 30years.  

The rubbish collectors were here this morning at 3.15  Thought the building was falling down with all the noise. We have seen all the attractions now and found some lively side streets with list of extra shops and placed to eat. All in all had a fab time but next time will book a few days, we can always come back for more. Going for a Chinese meal tonight looking forward to that,

PostSubject: Good moning All   Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:09 am

Morning Guys

Sun is shining here in Silsitra but the ground is white with frost, so maybe wait a while longer before we go out eh!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:15 am

I need to VENT!!!!!!! Because I’m Ruddy fuming!!!

Got back from Lidl’s earlier, where I don't usually go shopping. I'm waiting in line and I dropped £20 note (yep that's me trying to hold everything because I didn't want a trolley). The lady in front of me picked it up. I thanked her and held my hand out, and she said, "The things found on earth are kept by the collector," and walks away.

Angry I was like “You’re must be joking” and I looked at the persons behind me standing in line, they couldn't believe it either.... this can't be real life right now, right?!
So I took a deep breath and I turned back towards the lady/thief/or whatever you wanna call her and as I approached her I said, "Do I look like I'm in the mood?! Let's not play games. Go ahead and give me back my money."
She had the nerve to ignore me completely and tried to walk away from me so of course, I left everything and followed her to the car park as I was calling the police (because of course somebody's about to go to prison not sure who at this point though, her or me). She was almost running at this point to get away from me, which was the first sign of real intelligence  this lady had shown.  When she got to her car she put her bags on the ground trying to quickly get her boot open.I was boiling at this point! I decided that her “finders keepers" rule just presented the perfect opportunity for a great teachable moment, so, I ran full speed ( probably not that fast), and grabbed her shopping bags, and headed to my car yelling, "The things found on earth are kept by the collector!"
I got in my car ignoring her every attempt to get my attention. I was outta line I'll admit, but she was too. I was totally fuming   but I had a sense of satisfaction at the same time. Anyone who knows me knows this is completely out of character for me. But anyway I get home and open the bags and what did I find?
3 packs of fillet steak
3 kgs of wild caught salmon
2 kgs of potatoes
And...
A bottle of Vodka
I can't help but think to myself... WOW! Not bad for £20

La La La  In all seriousness.... this is just a joke but hope it gave you a laugh wow

Last edited by oddball on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:29 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys   

Back to top Go down

Pop in and say hello we are missing you guys

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next